SVE drifts or 302S wheels in 19 inch??

Splatter

Established Member
Hi needed some wheels advice. I have decided to go with a set of 19in track wheels and I have narrowed down my choice to either: a set of 4 SVE Drift 19x 9.5 wheels .... or a set of Ford 302S wheels in 19 x 9 and 19 x 10.

For tires I already Dunlops Direzza ZII in 275/19-35 on the way. The Ford wheels are heavy but strong (Tracks here in Chile have tree stumps etc to contend with when going off track) and was wondering if the extra inch in the back would help counter the square tire setups oversteer.

The SVE Drifts would be all the same size for tire swapping etc and lighter but not as strong and no help in the oversteer.

The cost is almost identical with tpms etc. Any ideas??? (Still stock suspension apart from mm camber plates and -1.5 camber)

Much appreciated!!

86Fbody

Established Member
Since you had stated earlier you wanted to contend with GTR's why not do 18's, maybe not drifts but the FRPP GT500 wheels are 18's and most likely cast the same way as the 19's you're looking at. Be able to get better tire choices and save a little rotating mass.

Splatter

Established Member
Yes I saw the GT500 wheels and was tempted , Going for the 19 wheel because I am getting a racing discount on Dunlop Dirreza ZII tires and I would like to have a complete set of spares using the stock rims with the same size tire. With the steeda springs I am planning to install and the bad roads we have in Chile I would be too low to drive too the track. As it is, I hit the tranny cooler duct on the way to the track with OEM ride height.

I got realistic on the GTR :cryying: , My new goal is trying to keep up with my team mates in a pair of Camaro ZL1,s and a near race prepped SS. Funny down here Chevys and Fords can run together with out yelling at each other!!

With some Pagid RS29/RS56 pads and the dunlops coming in the mail, I hope to drop 2 seconds to catch up!!

(Also have a hidden hankering for bigger discs one day, I am sure a good 15 in package will come out soon enough)

86Fbody

Established Member
Could always get a little hitch and tire trailer, pufferfish on here has one to trailer his track rims.

Users who are viewing this thread