Suspension Upgrades

mikeisgod

Established Member
My car has about 110k miles on it now. It was lowered by the previous owner with H&R SS springs. The car rides very rough, and squeaks alot. I need to resolve this and what I'm looking at is probably ordering some basic shocks/struts for a foxbody. My questions is would this be the ideal way to go w/ lower springs? My buddy tells me alot of my "rough ride" could be due to running stock shocks/struts on lowering springs... Also I read something about "isos" which from what I can read are isolators? Will these come with a new set of shocks/struts, are they neccessary? Sorry kind of a newb still at this stuff... Thanks alot.

One other thing was it seems that the front end sits maybe 1/2" to 1" higher than the rear... is this most likely due to wore out shocks, that would be resolved with replacing them? Or what would anyone reccomend?

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
isolators would come with a new set of springs, not shock/struts. I'd def replace the struts/shocks. I'd maybe even change the springs out if it still too rough for ya. I lot of springs that lower a vehicle over an inch usually don't ride too soft but it makes them handle better.

mikeisgod

Established Member
So do you think if the ride height is not level, it could be from worn out rear springs? If I had to i'd replace it all, but figured the springs had far less miles on them, and should be ok... Open to your advice, thanks for the replies.

Users who are viewing this thread