Suspension Upgrade

Cuco5.0

Established Member
I'll be upgrading my suspension very soon here and had a few questions that i wanted to get clear before i tackle the suspension. I will be installing BC coilovers for reference.

1. How much should the stock bump stops be cut, or do they sell suitable shorter ones.

2.Will camber bolts be required OR do the caster/camber plates on the coilovers suffice?

Cuco5.0

Established Member
Also, what is the widest I can go in the rear on a 20" wheel before needing a sway bar relocation bracket?

12GTPDX

Established Member
I'll be upgrading my suspension very soon here and had a few questions that i wanted to get clear before i tackle the suspension. I will be installing BC coilovers for reference.

1. How much should the stock bump stops be cut, or do they sell suitable shorter ones.

2.Will camber bolts be required OR do the caster/camber plates on the coilovers suffice?

1. Ford Racing sells shorter jounce bumpers: Ford Racing Mustang Jounce Bumper Kit (05-13) M-5570-A at LRS - Free Shipping!

2. Depends on how low you're going to drop the car with your coil-overs ... camber bolts have a limited range of correction, but a good C/C plate should be able to handle even extreme drops.

5.0_KenneB

Established Member
Well I think you will be fine with just the camber plate that comes on the coilovers. I have the BCs and Ive had no problem.

Cuco5.0

Established Member
How wide can i go in the rear on a 20" wheel before needing a sway bar relocation bracket. I have a feeling this only matters on the smaller drag wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread