suspension setup help

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
kinda new to the whole suspension gig. ill be running around 6-700 hp (97 cobra). what setup should i go with if i was to do mostly drag racing but not all track. street racing and maybe a day or two track. i want to hook and not be all over the place. i know tired play a role. i have that covered. i have heard some about lake wood shocks 90/10's. but i would like some professional advice. shocks, springs, control arms, etc... thanks

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Team z relocated uppers, team z lowers, stock springs cut 1 coil, strange 10-ways all around. Only downside will be increased NVH

hitnrun

Established Member
^ listen to this guy... the only thing I am not sure of is cutting the springs. We cut one coil on my buddy's '03 and I would suggest stiffer aftermarket springs. If you want some cheap great shape Eibach springs for your car I am the guy to talk to! Haha

uberstang1

Fobra
Established Member
Dave Z from team z told me the best way to go with a stock style rear suspension is the stock springs cut 1 inch, next best bet is going to an expensive afco coil over setup. Mustang have linear spring rate springs rather than progressive, cutting them doesn't effect the performance of them.

Users who are viewing this thread