Suspension setup for a daily driver

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Hey all, wondering the best route to go for what I want my car to do. As the title says it's my daily driver. Car is making 440 rwhp and will be getting nitrous in a few weeks. Right now it hooks decent but still spins a bit. Currently I know I at least have lower control arms but I'm not sure what else. Purchased used from a dealership and all they knew it had was longtubes. I know it has different springs but idk what brand they are. Tires are 285/35-20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and when I replace them I'll likely go with the same tire but 305s.

I want the car to be at least somewhat comfortable, handle curvy back roads pretty well, and also be also to hook off the line. I was looking at some BMR drag springs. Would those be good for daily driving? Open to all suggestions, not just for springs but for anything else that will help me get the car where I want it.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
You might want to look at bmr upper control arm and a panhard bar. Also some sway bars for the windy roads.

Vert

Established Member
Hey all, wondering the best route to go for what I want my car to do. As the title says it's my daily driver. Car is making 440 rwhp and will be getting nitrous in a few weeks. Right now it hooks decent but still spins a bit. Currently I know I at least have lower control arms but I'm not sure what else. Purchased used from a dealership and all they knew it had was longtubes. I know it has different springs but idk what brand they are. Tires are 285/35-20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, and when I replace them I'll likely go with the same tire but 305s.

I want the car to be at least somewhat comfortable, handle curvy back roads pretty well, and also be also to hook off the line. I was looking at some BMR drag springs. Would those be good for daily driving? Open to all suggestions, not just for springs but for anything else that will help me get the car where I want it.
Not sure on the part number, but get the springs for the street since the rear springs are the same as the drag spring and the fronts are different. The front drag springs will be too soft if you are going to be hitting curves hard

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Not sure on the part number, but get the springs for the street since the rear springs are the same as the drag spring and the fronts are different. The front drag springs will be too soft if you are going to be hitting curves hard

Will there still be enough weight transfer for a good launch?

fordman2012

Established Member
I really enjoy my setup both the aggressive look it gives but also the overall performance and ride so far! So far I have BMR lowering springs, BMR LCA Relocation bracket, BMR Lower control arms, BMR Adjustable panhard bar, and just ordered Koni SRT.T orange shocks and struts.

untitledbmr_zpslpa6vaus.png

IMG_0139-01_zpsvyxsx2nc.jpg

image.jpg4_zps50ybm9k5.jpg

1quick

Established Member
Mine is mostly just a street car I have bmr upper and lower control arms pan hard bar, and Viking rear shocks, it hooks up great on the track and is pretty comfortable for street driving

BMR Tech 2

Just like Vert said, go with the SP009 springs instead of the drag springs. They share the same rear spring, but the SP009 have a slightly stiffer front spring. They make for better daily driver springs and since you want a car that can do a little of everything, I think they offer a better balance for your needs. If you have any questions about our springs or just want to talk shop, let me know!

Raitzi

Established Member
-Roush progressive 0.5 inch drop springs
-Front swaybar
-Some quality shocks like Bilstein HD
-Watts-link to improve handling on bumps; handling goes towards feeling IRS (can be also used as adjusting rear swaybar with different settings) Fays2 or whiteline are my favourites
-Strut tower brace to tighten the front more

So that is what I would doe for my car as daily. I have to say that your tires seem to be quite wide for a daily :D

Users who are viewing this thread