Suspension ????'s, want to drop the cobra..

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Alright I am ready to buy me some 18's and tires etc. But I want to do all this at one time. I want to be able to drop the car 1.5 to 2 inches, need to buy shocks and struts I am sure. What else do I need? I found a tokico kit for $621 but really don't want to spend that much. I have about 2k to spend on wheels tires and drilled/slotted rotors and a drop kit. I don't want to go over this. I need to know everything I need in regards to the drop. The car is a 97 with only 35k on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys, Frank

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
You need springs, shocks and struts, and caster camber plates. Check ebay, I don't know if you will be able to get everything you want for under 2k.

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
I'm sorry to say that you might go over your budget with the suspension. Figure <u>at the least </u>$800 for a 2" drop and $600 for a 1.5" probably not including shipping either. That would be with budget tokico's and H&R springs with c/c plates (for 2"). Wheels and tires will be in the 1200-1500 range and there's the thread about some Brembo's for $270 (forget the price??) So you might have to modify your budget just a tad. Good luck though!

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
I forgot to mention that I have managed to get a set of pilot sports with about 75% tread for free. Perks of working at a dealership. Wheels are gonna run me about 740 for y2k chrome 18x9's. How much do the caster camber plates run?? Now when you say the budget tokico's I am assuming you are talking about the non adjustable's. Do you think its worth the extra money for the fully adjustable's?? How often do you people that have them actually adjust them under normal driving conditions? I want my car to stick to the road and get rid of all the body roll so I am willing to spend the money. What brands do you suggest?? Thanks, Frank

SnakeBite98

HIGH-REV HORROR
Established Member
take a look at maximum motorsports website, they have a couple good set-ups. I would recommend staying away from Steeda CC plates, the 4 bolt ones use aluminum and i don't want an aluminum piece of metal supporting my car at a big stress point. Maximum also sells the Eibach Pro and Plus Pro kits which include springs, shock/struts and swaybars if you go plus, then all u would need are CC plates.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Go to stangsuspension.com, that is about as cheap as you will find the maximum motorspor cc plates for. I would also recommend strange adjustable shocks and struts. They are good quailty, and way cheaper that everything else out there.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by URDONE
Go to stangsuspension.com, that is about as cheap as you will find the maximum motorspor cc plates for. I would also recommend strange adjustable shocks and struts. They are good quailty, and way cheaper that everything else out there.

Yup, and if you're on the corral you can get a discount too. Just post in this thread or pm him over there. http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=522615

Also, URDONE, where did you get your Strange shocks and struts from? Would search, I think you've said before, but it's down :p Thanks man.

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Sweet I will def. have to pick up a set of them. Can't wait to get all of this on the car. She is gonna look great. I will def. get some before and after pics. Any other suggestions? The starter kit from MM is like 1029.00. And the good kit is 2k. Man I can only imagine how the car will ride with that kit, LOL. I am looking back in my mm and ff mag now and find the $621 kit and see what it entails. Frank

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member

LBZ-COBRA

Established Member
Sweet I will def. have to pick up a set of them. I am looking back into my mm and ff mag now and try to find who the 621 tokico setup was through. Can't wait to get all this stuff. I will take some before and after pics. Any other suggestions? Are the strange shocks and struts that good? Eibach or H&R?? Let me know guys. I am not racing the car or anything but if I decide to do a track day or something I want it to stick and no more body roll. How much diff. do the CC plates make. If you don't go with them I am guessing then you can align it properly right? Thanks, Frank

Users who are viewing this thread