Suspension rebuild

a64armt

Established Member
I am receiving some of the parts I ordered to rebuild the suspension/steering on my 2002 SVTF.

I received the outer tie rod ends, sway bar links and ball joints (all Moog)
I am waiting on the SVT shocks/struts, Urethane bushing kit, lower engine mount and front wheel bearings to arrive from C-F-M.

I still need to order the rear bearings.

One I get the car disassembled I will see if I need the axle support bearing (I may replace it anyways) and see if the CV’s are in good shape. I have been having the typical bearing noise since arriving here in PA last winter. I replaced the brakes last spring, but I wasn’t able to determine which bearing is bad. The inspecting dealership didn’t notice the bearing noise or just chose not to say anything. The car also started squeaking and creaking during that first winter here.

Has anyone installed a complete Urethane bushing kit on the Focus SVT? How difficult is it and are there any pointers available? Also, what is the best way to lube these bushings to prevent the typical squeaking? I installed Urethane bushings on my 97 Expedition several years ago and even with the provided lubricant, it was still noisy. I have a Hydraulic press and an Arbor Press, so I should have the tools covered. I will hit Auto Zone for a bearing press kit for the wheel bearings,

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread