Suspension Question

JDJ

Established Member
I am looking for the correct suspension upgrades to improve cornering. I do not drag at all. I am mostly a backroad twisty guy.

Will any of these help lock the car down in the corners?
1. Eibach 2011 - 2013 Pro Kit.
2. Bob's Lower Control Arms
3. BMR adjustable Panhard Rod
4. BMR upper Rod Support

I MUST maintain enough ground clearance to clear speed bump, humps, and other items like those. The car is a DD, in the warmer months.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
I am looking for the correct suspension upgrades to improve corning. I do not drag at all. I am mostly a backroad twisty guy.

Will any of these help lock the car down in the corners?
1. Eibach 2011 - 2013 Pro Kit.
2. Bob's Lower Control Arms
3. BMR adjustable Panhard Rod
4. BMR upper Rod Support

I MUST maintain enough ground clearance to clear speed bump, humps, and other items like those. The car is a DD, in the warmer months.

Thanks in advance

Back road twisty guy? In Germany? That description doesn't do it justice! You mean shredding up Bavaria? The Autobahn, Passo De Stelvio, Manghen, Gau, Grossglockner, etc... I did those roads on a motorcycle this summer and am so jealous you are able to hit them in a Shelby. Best driving roads on Earth in IMHO. Wish shipping my car over there for two weeks was something close to affordable, I would do it in a second. Have fun!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Back road twisty guy? In Germany? That description doesn't do it justice! You mean shredding up Bavaria? The Autobahn, Passo De Stelvio, Manghen, Gau, Grossglockner, etc... I did those roads on a motorcycle this summer and am so jealous you are able to hit them in a Shelby. Best driving roads on Earth in IMHO. Wish shipping my car over there for two weeks was something close to affordable, I would do it in a second. Have fun!

+1 to this...

as far as your mods they sound good. How much of a drop is the eibach springs? you might even want to consider a watts link, such as the fays 2 or griggs (much more money though)

maybe even some sway bars and such...honestly talk to Van, he takes his GT500 to the track and he well aware of what it takes to help cornering but maintaining streetability....im like in that sense more of handling guy than a drag guy

JDJ

Established Member
YES. They are loads of fun. Black Forest and Alps rides are awesome. I had a couple of Gixxers 1000 and they were a lot fun on the back roads.

Users who are viewing this thread