Suspension Question

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I've been seriously thinking about getting the TVS for the truck but I'm a suspension n00b. I saw a lowered red L going down the 15 here in San Diego and the thing was bouncing all over the place... and I don't want mine to do that. Is this going to be a problem with the TVS? TIA :beer:

WhiteBolt

Engine Master
Established Member
grimreefer said:
I've been seriously thinking about getting the TVS for the truck but I'm a suspension n00b. I saw a lowered red L going down the 15 here in San Diego and the thing was bouncing all over the place... and I don't want mine to do that. Is this going to be a problem with the TVS? TIA :beer:
I doubt it was a TVS equipped truck that you saw.
The truck you saw was probably lowered the cheap way (coils cut and leafs removed).
I had TVS springs on mine at one time and it definitely rode noticeably rougher. I wouldn't say it bounced all over the place, but it was rougher riding than stock.
If you don't have a lot of smooth roads where you drive, you may not be comfortable with the TVS ride.
I soon sold them and put the stock springs back on and lowered mine with a combination of shackles, hangers, and drop spindles. I like the ride much better now. :)

Last edited:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
^^
Yea the tvs can be brutal at times, but as far as driving on the highway it rides pretty smoothe, but a few of the local roads are very brutal. But I will say, the ride heighth is spot on for daily driving (doesn't rub or scrape in parking lots) and feels like its on rails in the (few) corners we have.

Users who are viewing this thread