Suspension question video of 12 second pass inside!

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br-HKUT4OaQ

Thats a vid of my car last year. I was happy to have ran a 12.20 at 114. The best 60' times I've cut to date have been low 1.7s on some old, used up 26x10.5 ET Streets (bias ply)

This year, I installed some brand new 27x11.5 Hoosier quick time pros. I am hoping to cut some 1.5x 60 foot times. After watching this video, the rear end of my car seems really bouncy. You can see the car bounce as I begin my burnout, and it also bounces after launch. I think that when I launch the rearend loads, then springs back unloading the back tires causing a loss of traction.

Now my question... in order to stop the car from bouncing so much, do I need to run a softer spring, or do I need some 50/50 shocks out back?

Thank you!

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
rear shocks too loose on compression. try adjustable shocks out back.

on youtube, use the .25 speed setting for speed. thats in the gear wheel setting.

youre right, you can see your car bounce which then unloads the tires.

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Thanks man I never knew about the speed setting on youtube. You can really see it bounce just a few feet out. I'll get shocks asap. These 150k mile stockers just arent cutting it lol.

Would any decent 50/50 shock work, or is there a different setting that may work better?

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
hard to say, every car is different, every track is different. anything will be better than what you have but it still might not be ideal. double adjustables are the best for obvious reasons but its a lot to drop for shocks like that. guess it comes down to cost. $120/set for 50/50s or ~$400/set for QA1s or similar brand.

the lakewoods are decent budget shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread