Suspension options for 2013 GT500

zanardi43

Established Member
Newbie question here...

Having never owned a GT500 or any Mustang, I'm having a hard time getting my head around what aftermarket items available for pre-2013 GT500's will also fit the 2013. Specifically, interested in coilover & supporting suspension options and wheels?

If these items for pre-2013 GT500's won't fit, anyone have a sense as to how long it typically takes the aftermarket to deliver for the newer edition?

Thanks in advance.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Depends, if you are getting a base model GT500 then most if not all pre '13 GT500 aftermarket parts should fit. With a PP or TP version, they should all technically still fit, problem is they come stock with adj Bilstein S/S setup. Thats adj from the dash, not manually like previous aftermarket versions. Which means you would likely lose that capability of the dash adjustment, unless the aftermarket comes up with different S/S options that integrate with the stock system. I think all control arms, springs, sway bars, panhard bars, wheels etc should all fit with no issue.

zanardi43

Established Member
Depends, if you are getting a base model GT500 then most if not all pre '13 GT500 aftermarket parts should fit. With a PP or TP version, they should all technically still fit, problem is they come stock with adj Bilstein S/S setup. Thats adj from the dash, not manually like previous aftermarket versions. Which means you would likely lose that capability of the dash adjustment, unless the aftermarket comes up with different S/S options that integrate with the stock system. I think all control arms, springs, sway bars, panhard bars, wheels etc should all fit with no issue.

Thanks for the response/advice.

Anyone know about wheels for 2013? Do the aftermarket options from the 2012 fit?

32ValveSymphony

Established Member
Am I imagining things or do the PP cars give a suspension adjustment between the a/c vents? What is the difference between that and the adjustment left of the steering wheel?

Users who are viewing this thread