Suspension noise when turning left???

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Good morning Ladies (for the few) and gentlemen,

My Beautiful 04 has a very annoying and very slight thud/rattle/knock in the front end when I turn the wheel to the left. Not regularly but at times can hear the sound when the car is not rolling and I move the wheel from side to side. I’ve already replaced the steering rack busing with the aluminum MM ones so the common noise the stock steering rack bushings make is not what I am hearing. I hear a knock when I turn the wheel to the left and begin rolling, almost as if weight is shifting when it’s not supposed to. I can also feel the noise by the dead pedal. With only 26K the suspension should be tight and noise free but it’s not. The car is stock springs/shocks/cc plates. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-A

01yellercobra

Established Member
Unfortunately this is something you're going to have to put the car on jack stands and look around for. It might by low mileage, but it's 11 years old. Time takes a toll on things like rubber bushings. Your best bet is to start poking around and making sure everything is tight.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Thanks guys! Put the car on jack stands last night and I tugged on everything, made sure all bolts were tight but to no avail. I'm thinking either the stock CC plates, wheel bearing or lose K member bolts. What are the symptoms of bad wheel bearings?

Thanks again, guys,
-A

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Symptoms of a bad wheel bearing would be a grumble noise while driving. If you turn the wheel to the right and it stops it would probably be the left front cause your putting load on it. Opposite for the other side. If there super bad you can pull the wheel and move them with your hands. This happened with my old 01 I used to have.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
Turned out to be bad front tires, a bad strut mount and the d/s wasn't aligned. Smooth as silk now.

Users who are viewing this thread