suspension mods

stronghimiler

Established Member
Well, we finished the back springs and shocks, but the front is all torn apart. the car is just sitting on the lift with nothing being done. The place I ordered the offset A-arm bushings from sent the 83-93 set instead of the 94-95 set. But they sent the right ones next day air and credited the money back to my card so I got them for free!! That covers the three dollars an hour for the lift. I have access to a lift on a military base. It's VERY convenient!!!! Any of you that have ever done a driveway job knows what I'm talking about. Anyway I should have it up and running tomorrow(Thursday). The garage is closed Mon-Wed. I'm installing Steeda springs, Adjustable Tokicos, Polyurethane spring isolators, Offset A-arm bushings, Offset steering rack bushings, Caster/Camber plates, new ball joints, and new tie rod ends. I'll let everyone know how it feels once i've got it back on the ground:) Next up is upper and lower rear control arms, and a panhard rod. Any suggestions on panhard rods? Brands? Best fit? easiest to install? Any experience with them?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your mix up. Who did you order the stuff from? It was good that they refunded your mooney, and even better you got the part they messed up for free! That is my idea of customer service :D Good luck on the rest of the install. I hope you get the right stuff this time. Let us know how big of a difference the mods made as far as ride and handling. :D

arctic_kobra

Established Member
yeah let us know how it works out.
i would recommend the griggs or maximum motorsports panhard setup. i hear those 2 companies are the best for performance suspensions as they have proven themselves countlessly on the track. good luck

stronghimiler

Established Member
finished!!!!

:D Well, i'm finished putting it back together!!! MUCH better handling. the ass end is real sloppy though, because i still have stock control arms. But those are next!! I also want to get a panhard rod. The place I bought my Steeda stuff from was Thunderbolt-motorsports.com they primarily deal over the internet. Steeda quoted me $1300 for eveything, i got it all for $1000 from Bill at thunderbolt. They also sent the wrong bushings. To make up for it he sent the right ones and credited my card back!! So I got them for free!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I know what you mean about the "sloppy rearend"! My car had Roush lowers and stock uppers. Talk about a miss-matched set there. That thing had alot of ugly sway to it. Once I switched the uppers out that helped alot. Those stock rubber bushing are the worst for handling. Hell they tear after some serious abuse too. While you're at it under the rear, have them weld your torque boxes up. They are just tacked in a few places and rip lose after a few launches on slicks. They are where the lower control arms mount to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread