Suspension mods????

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
Ok I am wanting to upgarde my suspension. I need to know the best route too go. Right know i am going in circles on control arms (which ones are the best, price is not an issue) adj. or regulars??? Anyways any input on this would be apperciated. oh my cobra is a 96....

thx vick

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
What about shocks and struts. I have no clue what to get for the front and back. Oh also the caster camber plates?????

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
how much of a drop do you want? how stiff/soft of a ride do you want? do you plan on going to the 1/4 or autocross?

1.5" drop, good ride overall = eibach prokit, kyb shocks/struts, MM 4 bolt c/c plates, MM control carms and MM full length SFC's.

2.0" drop, good ride overall = eibach sportlines, everthing else same as above.

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
i already have eibach sportlines. I was thinking about going with there drag launch springs ?? All i am really looking for is better traction for the 1/4. But i would like to get all the goodies for my suspension.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
just get upper and lower control arms, and Full length subframe connetors. drag springs will make your car run like deuce on the street. Very choppy. if you want better traction at the strip, get some mickey thompson et streets:)

Vick

luv my cobra
Established Member
ok..thx for all the info....but I do need New shocks. Any suggestions??? and what about Struts?

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
shocks/springs, subframes (full length), sway bars (handling, no good for drag racing) maybe a strut bar...thats if you dont care about engine looks

95cobby

Established Member
Maximum Motorsports Controls Arms, CC Plates, Subframes, and whatever else you want. Blistens shocks/struts. H&R SS Springs.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
You can also get some Koni Special shocks/struts...which is the route I'm most likely going since I can't afford the Bilsteins.

but as most people have said....Maximum Motorsport suspension stuff with the H&R springs. :thumbsup:

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
95cobby said:
Maximum Motorsports Controls Arms, CC Plates, Subframes, and whatever else you want. Blistens shocks/struts. H&R SS Springs.

If you want to launch half ways decent at the strip, the Bilsteins will not help you and the H&R springs will be an absolute hinderance. Those are excellent springs from what I hear, but they were designed for open track and autocross, not the strip. I'm going to see how well my Eibach Prokit springs do with my new shocks and struts, but if they don't work out well, it's FMS "B" springs for me - they work quite well on the strip, are very streetable, and not too expensive to boot.

For shocks and struts, I would get something adjustable. Tokico 5-way adj. shocks and struts seem to be a popular choice. A full on drag strut will not be too fun to drive on the street, and drag shocks are to stiff to be comfortable.

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
With H&R SS fronts? The spring rates are so high, how did you get weight transfer? the rear springrates are nice and stiff to keep the rear tires planted, but so are the front springs. I can't see how you'd get the front to rise. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread