Suspension issues?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
All, I need some help with my suspension. The front end of the car when driving normal seems to sway side to side or even pull side to side but when it does it changes from left to right. I got the alignment check and it is fine. Also when driving around corners the car feels perfectly fine and grips perfect. But when going strait its almost as if I have to fight to keep the car strait and from swaying just at normal driving.

I currently have springs, dampeners and pan hard bar. I have read something and I am running the Michelin Pilot Sports which I heard are probably the culprit and they suck on our cars ( great tires just not for these cars ). I think I should just switch out the tires and see how that goes, but what I was wondering is if anyone else had these symptoms and if it wasn't the tires what else would fix things end links or control arms or something? Thanks in advance.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
MPSS steer fine on my car. The only complaint I've ever heard are certain 295/35-20s causing some rear end side to side movement at WOT. Post up your alignment specs. Is the car lowered? Also what year and other mods do you have to the front end?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I have heard others say the swaying may be due to the tires. Will have to get the exact alignment specs.

The car is lowered on Eibach spring and dampeners and an adjustable pan hard other than that stock

barspen

Established Member
What year is your car? There a computer steering wobble/shake glitch in early 2011's...although your issue sounds like a drifting issue, not a wobble.

Off the top of my head, I would check the inner and outer tie rods. Looks for bends or lots of play. Also check the end-links and front A-Arms (bushing are known to go bad).

Are your tires wearing funny...excessive inside or outside wear?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
My 12 did this three quarters of the way down the quarter mile. I also had an alignment check.
The problem was the toe adjustment shows that a fir bit of tow out is acceptable and that's where my toe adjustment was, (tires basically pointing out on either side). I adjusted my toe inward slightly and never felt any left to right action again, even through the 1/4 mile traps at over 120 mph.
You can probably tell if your tow is too far out by standing behind your car in line with the quarter panel . Make sure your steering wheel is straight, then look at each front wheel from behind the quarter panel in line with the car. Good luck!

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the input I am going to try to drop it off today and have the guy just check everything and do another alignment

Nulltime

Established Member
I experienced the same on my Nitto 555 G2s .... scared the shit out of me. Went back to where I had them installed (Goodyear) and then the dealer as well. Everything checked out. 4 months in its completely gone. Had to wear in? Deep tread issue? No idea. Was a little better each day till poof gone. (daily driver highway roads are shit though so exasperated it) local roads wasn't bad to hardly noticeable.

moncho

Established Member
I experienced the same on my Nitto 555 G2s .... scared the shit out of me. Went back to where I had them installed (Goodyear) and then the dealer as well. Everything checked out. 4 months in its completely gone. Had to wear in? Deep tread issue? No idea. Was a little better each day till poof gone. (daily driver highway roads are shit though so exasperated it) local roads wasn't bad to hardly noticeable.

Same issue here with my new Nitto 555/G2's. I guess they will have to wear some before it settles down I guess? Out side of this the tires have been a huge improvement over the Goodyears. Another little problem was over inflation. Suspension is all stock.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread