Suspension Issues (Eibach shocks)

StangingAround

Established Member
Just installed eibach pro shocks/struts with pro springs. I had the pro springs on the stock suspension prior to the new shocks being on there and they made no noise whatsoever. After the shock install I'm now getting a loud compression noise every time I go over a large bump (speed bumps in this case). I called Eibach and they said this is normal (of course they said that, saying the gases make noise being released) but I find it hard to believe eibach thinks my car is supposed to sound like a 85 civic. Also, my rear now sits higher in the back than it did before. I asked why this might be and he asked if I did the rear install while it was under load (don't see how that would help when the spring is not attached to the strut) so maybe he doesn't know what he is talking about? Any ideas? Thanks.

:bash:

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but shocks are sealed units of compressed air, right?

There shouldn't be any release of gas. I mean....there's a sticker on my Eibachs saying "DO NOT OPEN. GAS PRESSURE"

jmaStang

Established Member
I got the Eibach Pro System Plus kit which has the pro shocks, struts, springs, and sway bars. Mine make compression noises. If I could do it again I'd go Koni and BMR and call it a day.

JS4KIKZ

Established Member
I've never heard of this before. Has anyone else had this problem with any other shock?

StangingAround

Established Member
I took a hard corner today for testing purposes and the shock made the noise under load (must be happening when the shock is fully compressed). It's starting to drive me nuts and I'm questioning whether I should send them back.

fightermatt

Established Member
That sucks, one of the reviews on American Muscle mentioned a compression noise but they said it wasn't a big deal, hope you can get it worked out, but if you do decide to replace them I second the Konis, they are quiet and provide a really nice ride.

StangingAround

Established Member
I just find it unacceptable that an Eibach rep told me the noise was normal. I expected more from them as I've used eibach products all my life (springs at least).

dead man walkin

Established Member
My stock brembo shocks make a psssssss noise on bumps.. Some bumps. When I have the windows down.. it's the gas inside flowing thru the valve. . Maybe they have a bad design that makes more noise than others?? But some noise is 100% normal

Nuar

Established Member
My Eibachs did that too, it went away after some time. Don't sweat it. I was annoyed as hell too, but it did go away :)

StangingAround

Established Member
My Eibachs did that too, it went away after some time. Don't sweat it. I was annoyed as hell too, but it did go away :)

You are giving me hope my man! I love the way the car handles now so if the sound goes away then I'm all good!

chonSVT

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine were quiet too. I don't recall them being noisy, but with loud exhaust and music I wouldn't be able to even hear it :)

kript2night

Established Member
Eibach spring good shocks and struts garbage.. just had to replace mine after two months with the koni orange and wow what a difference. My shocks were totally gone I could compress them bye hand and the wouldn't release

vortecd

Established Member
Guess I got lucky with mine. I have the shocks and springs with no issues. Only reason I went with the shocks was I got them in a package deal with the springs for less then what springs cost so basically the shocks were free

Nuar

Established Member
Mine are doing great too.
Especially now, since the stang is in winter storage lol :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread