Suspension help/schooling

SCMOKN

Established Member
2012 GT/CS

-Currently have Eibach Pro kit, Eibach camber bolts and a BMR panhard bar.

-Plan on adding Eibach Pro kit S/S, upper and lower control arms (brand?), Eibach front and rear sway bar, one piece drive shaft (brand?), Steeda 3 point sub frame connectors.

Here are my questions.

1-As it sits now the pinion angle is not effected a great deal with what I have done. But since I am upgrading the entire suspension I will be getting adjustable control arm(s) to correct pinion angle. Should I get adjustable lowers, uppers or both?

2- Adjustable vs. fixed sway bars? I don't track the car but I do drive agressively and hit the curves hard when I can.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Tokico or koni shocks/struts. Adjustable upper control arm and upper control arm mount. Non adjustable lower control arms. D.s.s. drive shaft. I would pick steeda control arms

SteedaBrandon

2012 GT/CS

-Currently have Eibach Pro kit, Eibach camber bolts and a BMR panhard bar.

-Plan on adding Eibach Pro kit S/S, upper and lower control arms (brand?), Eibach front and rear sway bar, one piece drive shaft (brand?), Steeda 3 point sub frame connectors.

Here are my questions.

1-As it sits now the pinion angle is not effected a great deal with what I have done. But since I am upgrading the entire suspension I will be getting adjustable control arm(s) to correct pinion angle. Should I get adjustable lowers, uppers or both?

2- Adjustable vs. fixed sway bars? I don't track the car but I do drive agressively and hit the curves hard when I can.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
1. I would recommend the adjustable, but you could probably get by with a non-adjustable. I would just go with non-adjustable lowers unless you are racing/tracking it often.

2. Really just depends. The good thing about adjustables is that you can stiffen or loosen them up to your liking if you find them too stiff/loose. But again, if you're on a budget you might want to just go with non-adjustables.

Let me know if I can do anything to get you to swap those parts to Steeda brand. :)

Dave_6

Established Member
1. I would recommend the adjustable, but you could probably get by with a non-adjustable. I would just go with non-adjustable lowers unless you are racing/tracking it often.

2. Really just depends. The good thing about adjustables is that you can stiffen or loosen them up to your liking if you find them too stiff/loose. But again, if you're on a budget you might want to just go with non-adjustables.

Let me know if I can do anything to get you to swap those parts to Steeda brand. :)

Do you guys offer a package with the Tokico D's and either your Sport or Ultralite springs? I thought I read that on here somewhere. Comes with different mounts possibly so they would bolt up to an '11-up model...?

SteedaBrandon

Do you guys offer a package with the Tokico D's and either your Sport or Ultralite springs? I thought I read that on here somewhere. Comes with different mounts possibly so they would bolt up to an '11-up model...?
We don't, but I can put together a package for you.

We carry D-Specs that will fit 2011+ (non-GT500) mounts.

Let me know if I can help you with anything. :beer:

SCMOKN

Established Member

Money is not an issue on this.

So my thoughts have been a matched set of shocks and struts, adj. UCA, non-adjustable LCA, adj. sway bars.

I have no issue with steeda, that is actually what I had on my SN95s (springs, shocks and struts) and a host of other Steeda items.

Let me know what you can do that would best match with what I currently have.

I don't track the car but it does get driven aggressively. I wan't the best of both worlds. A comfortable daily driver that can handle its own in the curves.

Last edited:

SteedaBrandon

Money is not an issue on this.

So my thoughts have been a matched set of shocks and struts, adj. UCA, non-adjustable LCA, adj. sway bars.

I have no issue with steeda, that is actually what I had on my SN95s (springs, shocks and struts) and a host of other Steeda items.

Let me know what you can do that would best match with what I currently have.

I don't track the car but it does get driven aggressively. I wan't the best of both worlds. A comfortable daily driver that can handle its own in the curves.
PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread