Suspension Help Please..........

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Hey I don't have a lightning, but I do have a 97 F150 daily beater. Little mods, K&N filter, flowmaster muffler etc...

I'm just getting around to fixing it up, new body parts, paint, and many other maintinance issues, clutch, u-joints, loads of stuff.

In this process I also need new balljoints and shocks \ bushings etc.... Along with new rims and tires

My idea so far is to buy a set of lightning or harley rims, an then repalce the suspension with a drop kit.

Now I know what everything is on the truck, I'm just not familair with dropping a full size truck that is still used daily.

I want to lower it slightly, maybe 2 to 4 inches max, but I have no clue what drop is safe and what each drop looks like.

I have ladder racks on the truck, and I do use it to tow my car trailor now and then. I won't have to much heavy weight in the bed of the truck, but will be used to tow like said above.

I have heard mixed opinions about doing this,

Can someone please set me straight. Which drop would look the best without going to extreme, yet still be safe enough to drive daily and tow a car trailor now and then?

Also on a side note, a local place adds extra leaf springs to strengthen the rear load sagging..... If I was using a rear hanger\shackle kit would having an extra leaf or 2 effect anything? I'm thinking it wouldn't.

I would also be interested in buying a whole kit with everything, a-arms, springs, shackles, shocks, bushings, etc..... whatever is needed to get the desired results.

Thanks alot guys and sorry for the long post.

I'm just clueless and need to get info on dropping my worktruck :)

Users who are viewing this thread