Suspension help - non cobra

MustangMatt77

Established Member
This is not for my cobra, it's for my 04 Focus SVT.
I have had no help in the other forum so I thought I'd ask here as y'all help out a lot.

I have an 04 Focus SVT 3 door, 194,000 miles all original.
Purchased it about 2 months ago.

It has a rattle in the front right side, sounds like a bad ball joint or loose strut over low speed bumpy roads or high speed bumps.

This issue presented itself over about a month of driving while I was evaluating what I needed to do to this car.

I've since replaced the following, but the problem/ sound is still there so I doubt it's related to anything I've switched out and am wondering if it's possibly the sway bar, steering rack, or cv shaft.

Replaced:
LCA's
Struts (front)
Shocks (rear)
All 4 springs
Sway bar end links
Brakes
Rotors
Motor mount
Trans mount
Torque strut mount
All 4 tires alligned

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Well the sway bar bushings and end links would be the cheapest place to start and at that age and mileage are probably ready to be replaced anyway.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Take the sway bar off and drive around the block and see if the sound goes away. If it does, then something related to that. In regards to the shocks, does that car have top hat mount isolators? I had a similar issue with my WRX and replacing those solved the problem.

MustangMatt77

Established Member
I will do the sway bar technique, and replace the bushings at the same time.
It did have strut mounting pads and they appeared in good shape, but that's an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread