suspension for drag racing

johnjon87

Established Member
I called Evolution Performance and told them about the wheel hop issues I was having with my 09 KR. They went over everything I needed to get rid of it . I went with the UPR UCA non adjustable since the car already had been lowered from the shelby factory, LCA's with relocation brackets and a UPR adjustable pan hard bar. Had the relocation brackets welded in place. I have resolved all of my wheel hop issues and this thing with drag radials hooks like a stripped ape. Great customer service from these guy's and didn't try to sell me something I did not need. I think you just have to shop around until you find someone that is knowledgeable about your needs and at a great price. Will do business from them again in the near future.

Yes I agree.. I took the car up there last friday and within 5 mins of my being there they already had the car up on the lift and the bumper off.. I went to Philly to get a steak and cheese and they already had the oil out and the motor was about to come out.. Its 2 an a half hrs away but I will definitely be making that drive more often for my mods. They're putting in my short block and putting some cams on, then a dyno tune I cant wait!

CPRsm

you wont need an adj upper if the car is lowered until you go with a one piece alluminum driveshaft
Ehhhh. It's still not a bad idea. Just changing the lower control arms may lead to a pinion change because the new arm material will deflect less than the old ones, resulting in less pinion angle change.

breoland

Established Member
Ehhhh. It's still not a bad idea. Just changing the lower control arms may lead to a pinion change because the new arm material will deflect less than the old ones, resulting in less pinion angle change.

I Understand that as well, so if guys here are looking to stop the hop, i would recomend getting an adj one so you would have no issues and not have to buy another one down the road

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
More of you guys need to try Metco's suspension pieces. They don't break and won't cause any troubles with the cars at all. I run their stuff on my car and at 3,750lbs just pulled a 1.37, 1.38, and a 1.39 60' on the way to some low 10 second et's and one 9.999 in my car.

Their parts are as good as any or better and the owners are just your average Joe's that care about their customers.

whiplash920

Established Member
so what did you decide

still not 100%, seems more i learn, the less sure i am. :dw:

im thinking steeda competition springs, bmr adjustable uca, bmr lca - with toe rod ends, bmr adjustable panhard bar. like i said - still not 100%.

may call around and get some other opinions. a lot of this stuff can be a little overwhelming for someone learning like myself ;-)

breoland

Established Member
that is basically what i have except no race rod ends. I think the new bmr bushing should hold up.
If you are going to do everything, id consider doing a set of the tokico dspecs with the steeda heavy duty mounts for up front
and I would also consider doing the che lower control arm relocation brackets and weld them in and then you would be complete

airmanb2b

Established Member
I'm running the fixed Steeda UCA for lowered cars, Steeda LCA's, BMR adjustable panhard bar and Eibach Pro-kit. I went with the Steeda stuff because I got a deal I couldnt refuse. Pinion angle was spot on. Pretty noisy stuff but fixed my hop and most of my traction issues though. 1st still stinks but I havent had a chance to take it to the track yet and do a good burnout to heat up the nittos. Monster from a roll though.

Last edited:

whiplash920

Established Member
that is basically what i have except no race rod ends. I think the new bmr bushing should hold up.
If you are going to do everything, id consider doing a set of the tokico dspecs with the steeda heavy duty mounts for up front
and I would also consider doing the che lower control arm relocation brackets and weld them in and then you would be complete

thanks!

whiplash920

Established Member
I'm running the fixed Steeda UCA for lowered cars, Steeda LCA's, BMR adjustable panhard bar and Eibach Pro-kit. I went with the Steeda stuff because I got a deal I couldnt refuse. Pinion angle was spot on. Pretty noisy stuff but fixed my hop and most of my traction issues though. 1st still stinks but I havent had a chance to take it to the track yet and do a good burnout to heat up the nittos. Monster from a roll though.

nice avatar - you fly one of those? - everything would seem slow to that!!

KanzenShelby

Established Member
More of you guys need to try Metco's suspension pieces. They don't break and won't cause any troubles with the cars at all. I run their stuff on my car and at 3,750lbs just pulled a 1.37, 1.38, and a 1.39 60' on the way to some low 10 second et's and one 9.999 in my car.

Their parts are as good as any or better and the owners are just your average Joe's that care about their customers.

Wow... that’s some amazing 60’s. What are all the suspension parts and bushings did you purchase and use from this company? Also what rpm’s are you launching at? How much power and torque are you laying?

Very impressive...

Users who are viewing this thread