Suspension and vibration

mikerob

Established Member
I have BMR LCAs, FRPP relocation brackets/P springs and BMR adj. panhard/SB. A couple months ago I noticed a weird vibrtion at 60mph and up. It's not a constant vibration and I can only feel it in the seat and my pedal not the steering wheel. The best way to describe it is it feels like something isn't rotating the way it should. I thought maybe it was the panhard, but I just changed that today and the problem still exist. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the rear. I started to write it off as normal but the vibrations have recently increased. Anyone else have this issue? Just to throw out some alibis...LCAs are greased and all bolts are torqued.

Fun4me

Established Member
:pop:

Did you notice the vibration right after the install? Sounds like unbalanced/crappy tires or something driveshaft related.

GT915

Established Member
Do you still you still have your stock wheels and tires? If so, throw those back on and see if the problem still exists. If it does, I'd check your universal joints. I remember seeing a thread here about rearend misalignment after installing relo brackets. You might wanna check that as well. Please post when find the problem.

Fun4me

Established Member
Wheels, tires or driveshaft. Miles on tires? Do the wheels have any damage, on the inside of the rim possibly? 20's are easy to bend.

mikerob

Established Member
I no longer have the stock wheels. I have to go out tomorrow and measure to see if my axle shifted forward. I used my fingers and it was shifted forward on the left side, but i'm going to measure the wheel caps to get a better idea.

Fun4me

Established Member
I no longer have the stock wheels. I have to go out tomorrow and measure to see if my axle shifted forward. I used my fingers and it was shifted forward on the left side, but i'm going to measure the wheel caps to get a better idea.
Mine is shifted 1/2" forward too, but I dont have any vibes at any speed.

Users who are viewing this thread