suspension advice...

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
i wasnt looking to do my suspension..yet...but i foound i believe to be a pretty good deal ....the only thing is that im worried the parts might not be the best of brands... uppers lowers and subframe connectors for $200....what could go wrong with this stuff except for break i guess?? its not gona do anything but improve handleing and launching wont it???just curious guys...anyways i wasnt lookin to spend 600$ on uppers lowers and subframe connectors.what are you guys thoughts?

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
lol maybe i should just get a granitelli kit for uppers and lowers 190 shipped..and get full length sfc another 100 ??? will the extra 17 inches of sfc make a difference???? that is worth another 100$$ car is not a race car just a dd with weeknd racing..for fun.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I'm going to have a set of granatellis (upper/lowers) for sale here pretty soon. I will do 150 shipped if you want them? have about 2k miles on them. perfect shape.

Also, any SFC is better than no SFC.....

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports highly recommends you do not change out the uppers. If you have lowers with poly bushings and uppers to, it will create bind on your axle and cause unpredictable things to happen. I don't know what quality the BlueOval's lowers are, but if the poly bushings aren't good, that will create bind as well. You still need a certain amount of limited flex in the bushings. I personally would stick with Granatelli, MM, or Steeda. I have Steeda's 38" tubular chromemolly sfc's and they work fine.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Do a search on modular depot under granetalli control arms. Poor quality. I would never put any suspension on my car from them. Can't go wrong with Steeda or MM. UPR's are also a nice piece or alteast their hardcore parts have been widely used. -Mark

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
I would suggest doing suspension over most other stuff. I couldn't believe the difference it made on my car.

If i had to do it over again, the first mods i would do to my car would have been gears, uppers, lowers, shocks up front, and drag radials.

I would go with a good paired set from a well known and well used company. as 98 na 4v said, mm, steeda, and UPR are all quality companies. and so is MMR.

I would suggest getting adjustable uppers at the least.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Doug said:
I would suggest doing suspension over most other stuff. I couldn't believe the difference it made on my car.

If i had to do it over again, the first mods i would do to my car would have been gears, uppers, lowers, shocks up front, and drag radials.

I would go with a good paired set from a well known and well used company. as 98 na 4v said, mm, steeda, and UPR are all quality companies. and so is MMR.

I would suggest getting adjustable uppers at the least.

+1

Suspension upgrades are unbelievable.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Let me make one more comment. My suggestions are more for a street/road course set up. When hard core drag racing you may want an aftermarket UCA to stiffen up the axle. However I would get adjustables so you can alter the pinion angle.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
because they are oriented towards open track and handling.

That's why its important to know what you are going to do with the car.

1997cobrasvt

Established Member
exactly and thats why i am asking ...said it was for the track...drag racing on the weeknds...and driving during the week as a dd ...and i am asking for some advice on the setup....

allgo90

Established Member
imo spend the money right the first time on quality pieces. get the full length sfc then control arms later if you dont want to spend all the cash now.

Users who are viewing this thread