Surprised by the Donut Shop

mvcrash

Established Member
When I first saw this thread I was thinking " oh no, another cop bashing place for idiots to go an tell me I am a big turd." I did however like the name of the Forum "Donut Shop" and thought to give it a go.
I enjoyed the other parts of the website which I only learned about a few months back. So, I started to read the "Donut Shop."

Althought there are some typical questions and answers and some folks who show up to bash, I find the forum to be interesting and fun. There are some questions asked that to most cops are typical but everyone in here responds professionally and provides what I would call good advice.

Sometimes we banter a little bit and make some jokes but everyone seems to enjoy the forum. I have come to look forward to reading it and after 24 yrs, that surprises me.

I think our moderator, FORDSVTFAN does a great job and I take my hat off to him since it does not appear to be an easy job. The last thing I want to do is police the place I work, then come here and police this forum. Yet he finds time everyday and does a great job keeping bashers out. I appreciate it very much. ( If there are any other moderator/s, I don't know who you are, but include you in my statement)

So to all my brothers and sisters, be safe, watch their hands and DUCK. To everyone else, ask away and hopefully you'll learn to understand us a little better.

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
Donut Shop

Very fitting name. In the ole days when on the midnight shift I'd go to the local Dunkin Donuts to write my reports and other paperwork when that night light in my "office" didn't provide enough light. It was one of the few places open and officers frequently hung out there. I didn't eat donuts but their coffee was great...and people always friendly.

To this day I can't drive past a DD w/o looking to see who's there.......

To you present officers, do you have a favorite place to go on duty?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
mvcrash said:
When I first saw this thread I was thinking " oh no, another cop bashing place for idiots to go an tell me I am a big turd." I did however like the name of the Forum "Donut Shop" and thought to give it a go.
I enjoyed the other parts of the website which I only learned about a few months back. So, I started to read the "Donut Shop."

Althought there are some typical questions and answers and some folks who show up to bash, I find the forum to be interesting and fun. There are some questions asked that to most cops are typical but everyone in here responds professionally and provides what I would call good advice.

Sometimes we banter a little bit and make some jokes but everyone seems to enjoy the forum. I have come to look forward to reading it and after 24 yrs, that surprises me.

I think our moderator, FORDSVTFAN does a great job and I take my hat off to him since it does not appear to be an easy job. The last thing I want to do is police the place I work, then come here and police this forum. Yet he finds time everyday and does a great job keeing bashers out. I appreciate it very much. ( If there are any other moderator/s, I don't know who you are, but include you in my statement)

So to all my brothers and sisters, be safe, watch their hands and DUCK. To everyone else, ask away and hopefully you'll learn to understand us a little better.

There are a LOT of us that appreciate the help from the officers here and the mods in this forum do a great job. :rockon:
Adam has helped me more than once. Thanks Adam. :thumbsup:

The bashers don't last long in this forum. That's def not what this forum is for. The bashers either get banned or their access to the Donut Forum removed.

Welcome aboard Jeff. :thumbsup:

Lawman85

Banned
jshen said:

Presently..... the office.... lol...
When I was on shift assignment, I prefered quiet places. The Starbucks and Caribou Coffees are big police supporters and always loved seeing us in there. I also liked the local, small restaurant owners, they liked us too.

mvcrash

Established Member
In Northern NJ, the place to go when I was in patrol was Harry's Corner. The coffee was great but it was the classic "Double Double" which was double egg double sausage. Not good for the waiste line, but back then I did'nt have to worry about that.
Coffee was always Dunkin Donuts. I love donuts, but back then I did'nt not eat while working. Except the once in a while Harry's.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
mvcrash said:
I think our moderator, FORDSVTFAN does a great job and I take my hat off to him since it does not appear to be an easy job. The last thing I want to do is police the place I work, then come here and police this forum. Yet he finds time everyday and does a great job keeping bashers out. I appreciate it very much. ( If there are any other moderator/s, I don't know who you are, but include you in my statement)

Could you PLEASE remove your nose from his ass already....... j/k.

All the mods on this site do a pretty good job at keeping this "place" fun and enjoyable. :banana:

mav_tu

Established Member
jshen said:
Dunkin Dounuts all the way!! It is a classic staple-food of my 3AM diet!

94EMStang

Pride, Integrity & Guts
Established Member
i wish i had a place to go but after 11:00pm they roll up the sidewalks in the whole county, except for the watering holes where you can always go and hang out to get a drunk off the road on his way home.

SPD03Snake

2 Snakes in my Garage...
Established Member
I second that... Since 94EMStang and I work in the same area... Town and the county turn into a ghost town... However we still find a few things to get into! Drunk drivers do not leave until about 3:30 when last call is announced!!!!!!

mvcrash

Established Member
Bel-Dooch said:
Could you PLEASE remove your nose from his ass already....... j/k.

All the mods on this site do a pretty good job at keeping this "place" fun and enjoyable. :banana:

Hey...I was just following too closely, not my fault he stopped short!!

Floridalawdog

Established Member
mvcrash said:

Good post. A funny thing happened to me. I went to work after reading your post, and thinking "hmmm, watch their hands and DUCK, hmmm". Well, I stop a car, two male subjects anhd a really suspicious looking duck in the back seat. I mean, this duck just had the "look", you know, like he just got from behind bars, ( cage), and he wasnt going back. So, I am really watching the "DUCK". So, I ask for his name, and he says "Donald". Everyone starts to laugh. Turns out he was clean and I let them go with a warning, but I understood.

Just kidding, I had to do it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Floridalawdog said:
Good post. A funny thing happened to me. I went to work after reading your post, and thinking "hmmm, watch their hands and DUCK, hmmm". Well, I stop a car, two male subjects anhd a really suspicious looking duck in the back seat. I mean, this duck just had the "look", you know, like he just got from behind bars, ( cage), and he wasnt going back. So, I am really watching the "DUCK". So, I ask for his name, and he says "Donald". Everyone starts to laugh. Turns out he was clean and I let them go with a warning, but I understood.

Just kidding, I had to do it.

That was reduckulous. ;-)

mvcrash

Established Member
I've actually seen an "AbdDUCKted Duck" report. Someone complained about a guy stealing ducks from a pond. The desk Sergeant requested a report for the sector car. :eek:

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
There are only 2-3 places open in my town at night, and each have people working in them that one of us or another has pinched for something, so usually one of our wives makes a bunch of food and drops it off for the guys on each shift. as for a hang out, on a really slow night (not too many of those here) we're usually at the station catching up on reports and BS'ing.

Users who are viewing this thread