Surprised a Modded BMW 335i

Tony_GT_14

Established Member
Well, went out again to a car meet to find a TON of 240SX's and GTi's. I was looking around but then I heard something different. It was a 2009 335i Coupe with the DSG Trans.

I started BS'ing with the guy and he found out I owned a GT. From what I understood, he had raced them before. Probably stock and/or 3.31 gears. I told him I had a couple bolt-on's. The 335i had an upgraded I/C, full exhaust, CAI, and a tune that turned up the boost among other things. He asked if I'd like to race and of course I accepted.

We went from a 60mph roll twice with him honking it off. We both hit the go pedal and the Bimmer started to pull. I wound out 3rd to 7700, hit 4th and I started to pull even! Again, took the tach to about 7700 and grabbed 5th. He pulled 2ft and then it was my turn again. ;-) In the end, I put his front bumper to my rear wheel.

On the way back to the meet, we went from 40mph. Of course, my tires blew up and I had to shift to 3rd. In the end, the Bimmer was about two fenders ahead.

Driver was real cool and we both gave props to the cars. Those TT 6cyl are certainly potent!

Next week, a 2002 Z06 will be victimized.......the BMW beat it so it should be fun! :-D

robbinthehood

Established Member
Honestly thought you would pull him. What kind of gas was he running? You can crank the boost on those high if you get good fuel in them

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Those cars are impressive with a tune man. Good kill and loss. lol

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Well, went out again to a car meet to find a TON of 240SX's and GTi's. I was looking around but then I heard something different. It was a 2009 335i Coupe with the DSG Trans.

I started BS'ing with the guy and he found out I owned a GT. From what I understood, he had raced them before. Probably stock and/or 3.31 gears. I told him I had a couple bolt-on's. The 335i had an upgraded I/C, full exhaust, CAI, and a tune that turned up the boost among other things. He asked if I'd like to race and of course I accepted.

We went from a 60mph roll twice with him honking it off. We both hit the go pedal and the Bimmer started to pull. I wound out 3rd to 7700, hit 4th and I started to pull even! Again, took the tach to about 7700 and grabbed 5th. He pulled 2ft and then it was my turn again. ;-) In the end, I put his front bumper to my rear wheel.

On the way back to the meet, we went from 40mph. Of course, my tires blew up and I had to shift to 3rd. In the end, the Bimmer was about two fenders ahead.

Driver was real cool and we both gave props to the cars. Those TT 6cyl are certainly potent!

Next week, a 2002 Z06 will be victimized.......the BMW beat it so it should be fun! :-D

This wasn't the Springfield meet was it? My brother raced a 335i and it had meth and high boost all that in his z06 and he put a few cars on it in the z06

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I have a good buddy with a 335i with near full boltons and E85. I had intake, BOSS mani, E85, cat deletes, and tune. WE raced a TON of times over the summer and our results were about the same. BMW would get out on me about .5-1 car and by 120I was passing him, 140 I had him by 1-2 cars. Those cars are nasty on the low end.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
nice race,

the torque turbos make is very impressive

quick cars!

im kinda suprised your only trapping 116...ive seen similar modded GT trapping 118-120

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am getting mid 400 rwhp at 15 psi with method in the 135.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
My buddy had one before he sold for a 408/nitrous C5Z, full bolt on, meth and bigger turbos. That 4 door hurt ALOT of feelings, he never ran the bigger turbo set up but his old set up went 11.7's.

34417_1380658403460_1441933387_30867267_1331043_n.jpg

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Honestly thought you would pull him. What kind of gas was he running? You can crank the boost on those high if you get good fuel in them

Yea, about 15-18psi.

They aren't strong on the top end, but they are low/midrange beasts.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Good death O.P. Gotta love that low end tq! Full tq below 2k. Like posted before, top end is not strong but can still hold its own.
That DSG tranny makes up for the power as well, those things are incredibly fast shifters.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
7700 RPM's?? That sounds about 700 RPMs above redline?

Hope your springs hold up at those RPMs...

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
These Coyote motors are perfectly fine to run @7700. In fact when you have the Boss 302 intake that's where you make your power. Plenty of boss 302IM guys turning 8k rpm for 20k+ miles no problems.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
These Coyote motors are perfectly fine to run @7700. In fact when you have the Boss 302 intake that's where you make your power. Plenty of boss 302IM guys turning 8k rpm for 20k+ miles no problems.

It's not something I'd make a habit of. The Roadrunner is fully forged and designed to take that kind of load, the Coyote wasn't. But it's your car, do what you please.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
It's not something I'd make a habit of. The Roadrunner is fully forged and designed to take that kind of load, the Coyote wasn't. But it's your car, do what you please.
According to several reputable vendors on this site, other than the pistons being forged in the BOSS, the rods and crank are the same in the GT VS the BOSS and with a stock/bolt on car, you wont hurt the bottom end. I spun my 2013 GT to 8000rpm every time I went to the track, which was a lot and I never had any issues. That said, a spring change wouldn't have been a bad idea, but I never had any problems with the stock motor.

04svtsnke

Established Member
According to several reputable vendors on this site, other than the pistons being forged in the BOSS, the rods and crank are the same in the GT VS the BOSS and with a stock/bolt on car, you wont hurt the bottom end. I spun my 2013 GT to 8000rpm every time I went to the track, which was a lot and I never had any issues. That said, a spring change wouldn't have been a bad idea, but I never had any problems with the stock motor.

Not sure if serious...

Phil DoWork

Established Member
I've always got a 4dr 335i. Not in love with the auto but i do know it has potential. After it's paid off i'm going for a big single turbo =D

Users who are viewing this thread