Surging 03 cobra

Chipofsc

Established Member
I have owned this car for four months. It has a lot of mods and I'm not sure if this is normal for these cars. It idels around 1000 to 1200 rpms. It surges if you try to drive it under 2000 rPMs. It has a larger throttle body that is a single blade. A kenny bell 2.4 supercharger and 60 lb injectors. All I know about the tune is it has a chip. Runs strong at wot but not down low. I check for vacuum leaks but nothing. Just need to know if this is normal. image.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
No this is not normal. I'd say you need to do some investigating before you do anymore beating on it.

Do you have an wideband on the car? I'd want to know things are good at wot before you continue to get on it.

My car idles at 725-750 with a single blade accufab on my whipple. When I had a billetflow it would idle high like that, it could be the tune, vacuum leak, tb issue.

Chipofsc

Established Member
I'm going to check the blade tomorrow to see if it is centered in the tb. I saw a post about loosing the screws and centering the blade in the tb. Mine is a accufab also.

Users who are viewing this thread