Surge at half throttle.

Bllit11

Established Member
I decided to take the shelby out for a drive yesterday 50 degree day on my way home i was rowing through the gears at about half throttle the car seemed like it was surging 2nd through 4th. I know i have felt this before no check engine light. I then ran it full throttle where i have run it before and it ran fine. just surges at half throttle under a load any ideas. Car is stock.

railroad

Established Member
I guess you are totally stock? There is really no where to go with this, except possible causes. I would make sure no pest have built nest around the filter, or under the hood, top off with best gas available and drive it. Surge can be fuel ratio related. With no check engine lights, I guess the computer is happy. If you have over 10K miles you might consider a fuel filter, but that's just a guess. Maybe it's the bypass valve on the supercharger. You could be between boost and vacuum. Watch the gauge and see if you are hovering around zero. Good luck, Hope it drives out.

Last edited:

Bllit11

Established Member
ya the car is totally stock no nests mileage is around 6000 i was just wondering if anybody else has experienced this

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Ive only experienced it with a modified car. Usually its either fuel or air flow related. Perhaps check your air filter for debris or a bad fitment, also make sure your ram air tube to the air filter box is aligned properly. Good luck!

TemplateType

Established Member
I have experienced the same thing as well. I always assumed it was the stock tune clicking over to the next table value or just a bump in the road that moved my foot a little bit.

Bllit11

Established Member
I just got back with it around 3500 rpm is where it does it about 9 lbs boost filled it up with bp 93 other than that it hauls ass. TemplateType thats what i thought at 1st to.

raustin0017

Established Member
OP....understand your 100% stock. Have you ever taken off the air filter and tube? If so...double check to see if it is installed correctly. Might be sucking air...due to a bad seal?

Good luck

RedNightmare06

Established Member
More than likely you are feeling the EGR pulses.
The EGR is very aggressive in these cars.

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
I have experienced the same thing as well. I always assumed it was the stock tune clicking over to the next table value or just a bump in the road that moved my foot a little bit.

Me also, about 20% throttle and only when car is cold. Doesn't happen very often, seems like a normal glitch.

Bllit11

Established Member
i checked all the connections everything is tight maybe it is normal i just really started to notice and wondered if anyone else has had this same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread