Suprised another M3 tonight...alittle long

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
I was out returning some movies tonight and i decided to go for alittle drive. I later found myself on a local bridge that goes from clearwater/st.petersburg to tampa. It is a good long straight piece of highway. I saw a newer Altima that was going about 80. I was crusing around 70. I decided to match his speed, not side by side, but about 1 car back. The road is 4 lanes wide. He was in the far left lane and i was in the 2nd from the right. We passed some "lap traffic" and i see a new body style, blue M3.

I thought about speeding up alittle to catch him, but when i was about 1.5 cars back i see him accelerating :lol1: . He saw me coming! So, of course, i grap hold of the Tri-ax and pull it out of 5th and jam it into 3rd and smash the go-baby-go pedal. I stop losing ground as i hit about 95. As i'm shifting into 4th i change lanes to get behind him so he can see how fast my headlights are getting bigger. Around 120, i needed more space to let the girl stretch her legs some more, so i moved to the lane left of him and kept gaining ground.

As i'm door-to-door with him i look over to see this priceless look on his face :dw: . I couln't tell if he was thinking, "what the hell does he have in that thing" or, like the M3 i ran about a month ago, "this shouldn't be happening, i'm getting passed by a mustang". Either way as soon as i saw his face i started laughing. I had slowed down to crusing speed, once i hit the end of 4th and i see him coming fast. :lol1: . Now i was thinking, "i'm sorry,i didn't know you wanted more of my foot in your ass".

So i hit it again around 80 and he only got to even with me when he looked at me. He looked like he was waiting for his car to keep gaining ground on me. Unfortunatly i looked at him too, but i was still laughing from 30 seconds ago and here he is again asking for another kick in the nads. Being the nice guy that i am, i honored his request and put 4-5 cars on him from about 90 to 130. Again, i slowed down but i think i broke him. He didn't want to look at me even when i gave him the :thumbsup: for the fun. So i thought, "you jackoff" and changed the thumb to the finger and went on my way. He must have been having a hissy fit because we both got off at the same exit when i see him trying to show off his cornering skills. He almost lost it on a right hand off ramp. I could have played more with him and exercised my suspension,chassis and brake mods but i was still bent that he didn't even want to say thanks for the fun.

My record now with M3's is:
Me-2
New body style M3's-0

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Haha nice story man! I want to drive one of the new m3's. but that is a funny story and well told, good job! :thumbsup:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
04Chris said:
As i'm door-to-door with him i look over to see this priceless look on his face :dw: . I couln't tell if he was thinking, "what the hell does he have in that thing" or, like the M3 i ran about a month ago, "this shouldn't be happening, i'm getting passed by a mustang".
I've had the same exact look from a couple M3 drivers, it's really funny to see them when a truck goes flying by :D

Good runs! :thumbsup:

BlackSabbath

Established Member
"and here he is again asking for another kick in the nads. Being the nice guy that i am, i honored his request "

LOL. Good stuff.

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
Thanks guys for the nice words :beer:

TK Doom: No, it's been tweaked alittle :coolman:

2004 Black Cobra Coupe w/ Spoiler, All Dark Charcoal Interior and Factory Chrome Wheels

My Mods To Date Are:

MM 4-bolt C/C plates
MM 3-point Strut Tower Brace
MM Bumpsteer Kit
MM 4-point K-member brace
MM Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings
MM Full Length Sub-Frame Connectors
MM Front and Rear Spring Insolators
MM/Bilstein Sport Valved Shocks and Struts (front, rear)
FRPP '95 Cobra R Front Springs (progressive 700-850lb w/1.25 drop)
Steeda 03-04 Cobra Sport Springs (rear, progressive 650-780lb w/1" drop)
Steeda Tri-Ax with Comfort Pro Handle
FRPP '00 Cobra R Brembo Front Brake Kit w/ Slotted Rotors
Brembo Rear Slotted Rotors
Kenny Brown Teflon Coated Stainless Steel Brake Lines (front, rear)
FRPP High Performance Brake Fluid
Need For Speed Front Brake Cooling Duct Kit (sweet!)
Hawk HPS Pads (front, rear)
Nitto NT555 Extremes 275/40-17's (front, rear)
Schroth 4-point Harnesses (driver, passenger)
Steeda CAI
Denso Iridium Plugs
Napa 74" Belt
Steeda 2.8 Upper Blower Pulley
Steeda Tensioner
Diablosport Chip Tuned By Tony@Need For Speed
Bassani Ceramic Coated Mid-Length Headers
Bassani Stainless Steel Modular X-Pipe w/cats
Bassani Bx Cat-Back

Apperance:
Dark Shadow Gray Bumper Inserts(installed already when i bought it new)
Kirban 8" Shorty Antenna
Cobra Grill Emblem
Tinted Windows (darkest legal)

The car dynoed 453rwhp and 467rwtq. When Tony was tuning the car, it was almost 90 out and it was after the 9th pull when i got the final numbers. It sounds like alot of pulls, but the tune is beautiful. Tony is pretty meticulous when it comes to tuning. I drive the car everyday, rain or shine. I told Tony that i did this and i auto cross/ open track the car occassionaly so Tony didn't make the tune aggressive. Because i drive it everyday and track it sometimes thats why i chose the chassis, brake, and suspension mods that i did. It makes for a sweet track car that still drives surprisingly well on the street.

I have a few more mods in the very near future:

Spec Stage 3 Hybrid For 26 Spline Input Shaft (arrived 2 weeks ago)
Liberty Gears 26 Spline Input Shaft (buying next week)
Spec Billet Aluminum Flywheel (buying next week)

Of course, like most owners, it is a work in progress with still more to come....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread