suprise, another "SF" guy called out.

SOCOMech

Established Member
Attached in a support role and recognizing it as such is one thing, being "attached" to them in a support role as a mechanic, cook, commo what ever and acting like they were running along side them during raids, fast ropping out of CH-47's, kicking in doors and free falling from 30,00ft is another. I've met soooooo many of the later.

Completely agree. I talk of my experience with those guys but I never ever pass myself off as being one of them. As good as they were to me, that's a tight brotherhood that unless you paid the dues of the training and lifestyle, you should just leave that stuff to them and accept your own role.

yelostang

Established Member
Attached in a support role and recognizing it as such is one thing, being "attached" to them in a support role as a mechanic, cook, commo what ever and acting like they were running along side them during raids, fast ropping out of CH-47's, kicking in doors and free falling from 30,00ft is another. I've met soooooo many of the later.

I was assigned to Special Operations as a maintenance guy and I never take it as far as saying I was attached to anyone. I see being attached like a CCT guy being attached to SF. When I deployed we did live in the SOF compounds, supported strictly SOF missions, and had "relaxed standards" but I do my best to not insinuate that I did anything but fix stuff.

My "past" does come up at work because after getting out of the service I went to school to get an engineering degree and now I design/build the same type of stuff i used to work on.

SOCOMech

Established Member
I was assigned to Special Operations as a maintenance guy and I never take it as far as saying I was attached to anyone. I see being attached like a CCT guy being attached to SF. When I deployed we did live in the SOF compounds, supported strictly SOF missions, and had "relaxed standards" but I do my best to not insinuate that I did anything but fix stuff.

My "past" does come up at work because after getting out of the service I went to school to get an engineering degree and now I design/build the same type of stuff i used to work on.

What company were you with over there? I was with VSE in Mosul, Tal Afar and some outlying places......mainly 5th group teams.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
lmao, the only legitimate people who can say theyve been blown up a ton of times and not be full of shit are the Engineers and EOD.

moded331

Established Member
lmao, the only legitimate people who can say theyve been blown up a ton of times and not be full of shit are the Engineers and EOD.

I myself am a 91b, but was able to not be a fobit. I was with combat engineers, driving a wrecker. Good ol ramadi...I do agree though, it is pretty anoying when someone clames to be someone/something they are not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread