Supra and a Kb Cobra...

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
there's some great people on the Supra forums..

but here's a cut and paste of the thread start..

"I just got back from racing a KB superchared 03 cobra. Just alittle background the guy owns a dyno and was running 26 psi on his KB supercharger and made 620 RWHP. He swapped out that pulley to put in a bigger one so he was running 20 psi when we raced. he dynoed at 550 RWHP. I was running pump gas at around 19 psi. Well we started out in 2nd gear and we were going on 3. I was break boosting and we both stepped on it suprisingly i pulled alittle in 2nd, and in 3rd we were even, then 4th came and he was about a car ahead. I looked down at my boost and it freakin dropped from 132 KPA to 109 KPA!!!! I then decided to check 3rd and 4th again and it came up with the same results so i guess i have a boost leak somewhere. All in all it was an awesome race just wished i could have held the boost i would have done a lot better.."

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
a) Nobody is running "26 psi" on a KB. If they were I'd hope to hell they made more than 620 rwhp.

b) If he raced running 20 lbs and was only putting down 550 his tune or car sucks hard. 17 psi on a KB can make that or more easily depending on the tune.

CobraBri

Established Member
550rwhp on 20 psi....just like I posted on that thread (biffstang I am :)) there is something wrong with the guys setup or tune. Whatever though. Most of our cars are a work in progress anyway so I'm sure there will be a rematch when both parties get their setup straight.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
i dunno i think thats b/s, atleast all the facts

Shoey

www.modularfords.com
Established Member
yep, seemed weird to me also.....26psi on a KB 2.2 is alot...i would hope he was getting 700+whp with that...now 26psi on a KB 2.4...theirs a 900whp monster:)

Users who are viewing this thread