Supporting mods for H&R Supersport springs (Shocks,LCA,UCA,Panhard bar...)

twistid

Established Member
I am looking to lower my Brembo package '14 GT... I am partial to the H&R SS springs because of the significant drop and I've read some good things about them. Unfortunately due to the 2" drop I am pretty sure that stock shocks are a no-go, but are Koni STR.T shocks an acceptable replacement? Koni advertises them to "match with street performance lowering springs and other modifications" but doesn't actually specify how much of a drop they can support.

I know panhard bar is a must-have but I am a little confused when it comes to LCAs and UCAs. I would like to keep my GT500 LCA's so can I just use a set of LCA relocation brackets to correct the geometry (I'll probably use BMR)? Also is an adjustable upper control arm absolutely necessary to correct the pinion angle, or would an upper control arm relocation bracket fix that as well? Lastly, is there anything else required to properly lower a mustang, or is that pretty much everything?

(I did search as well... these are some threads that provided some helpful info although not specific to some of my questions http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/838520-upper-control-arm-why.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rm-lca-brackets-no-traction-1st-2nd-gear.html
Lower control arm relocation brackets really nesessary? - Ford Mustang Forums)

BV600

Established Member
Ive got H&R race with STR.T and GT500 strut mounts BMR Panhard. Pretty good setup, Cant compare it to anything but stock though. The stock 235s cant keep up with the suspension so haven't been able to throw it around any. Ride quality is good though. I have a thread up trying to hunt down a popping noise.

twistid

Established Member
Why did you use GT500 strut mounts? Aren't the HR's compatible with the factory strut mounts... or did you simply want to upgrade them?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
GT500 Strut mounts are required due to the difference in the aftermarket struts. I personally went with Tokico D-Specs with my H&R Drop. While you're there do the UCA & LCA's seeing as how you basically have to take the entire rear end out anyway. Best looking drop money can by w/o doing coilover in my opinion :)

twistid

Established Member
GT500 Strut mounts are required due to the difference in the aftermarket struts. I personally went with Tokico D-Specs with my H&R Drop. While you're there do the UCA & LCA's seeing as how you basically have to take the entire rear end out anyway. Best looking drop money can by w/o doing coilover in my opinion :)

Ahh I found this out after doing more research. I guess the only front struts specifically designed for 11-14 come in that Eibach pro kit.

Also like I said earlier, I would rather keep my GT500 LCA's but would using LCA relocation brackets provide the same fix as getting adjustable LCA's ? And would getting an adjustable UCA be absolustely necessary or would an UCA bracket suffice as well?

Jedisalami

Established Member
I ran stock mounts, stock struts, camber bolts, and adjustable panhard. Alignment came out perfect

Users who are viewing this thread