Supersnake package ?

pack018

Established Member
Hey has anybody done the Shelby supernake upgrade package? Thoughts/ complains? Also would it worth doing it on a 26k mileage 07?
I can't find any for sale, wanted to see if it were to be cheaper just to buy a built one. Anybody point me in the right direction.. Thx

Imatk

Established Member
It would likely be cheaper to buy one already done... just depends.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hey has anybody done the Shelby supernake upgrade package? Thoughts/ complains? Also would it worth doing it on a 26k mileage 07?
I can't find any for sale, wanted to see if it were to be cheaper just to buy a built one. Anybody point me in the right direction.. Thx

I had my 08 done new and am happy with it, but I also know that the Super Snake upgrade is not for everyone.

I have a couple of questions.............

Are you the original owner of your 07? You know its complete history, use/abuse, etc.?

Are you looking at the lower end (entry level) Super Snake upgrade? or the upper level with all of the "good" options? <<This makes a difference in what can be had "used" vs. what options are now available as part of a current Super Snake build, and weren't options on the earlier Super Snakes that you will most likely find for sale in todays market.

One other comment "used" (previously built) vs. "now" built...........The original power levels were 605hp for the coupe and convert., 725hp for coupe only. Now I think the entry level is 660hp and the next $$$ level is 750hp, with 800hp for some additional $$$. <<What level were you thinking about for your 2007 500? You have a coupe right?

R

Last edited:

pack018

Established Member
I'm the 2nd ower, the car has not been abused as far as in may part and it didnt look like the orginal owner did either. It's completely stocked down to the air filter. I've been looking into the first package the 660hp one. I've been trying to find some for sale so I can get a price point but can't find any

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Unless you are really set on getting that CSM# on your car, you can build one yourself (that is individualized to your needs and tastes) that will generally be cheaper and run better.

Van@RevanRacing

I have customers that paid under $60K for 07 - 09 Super Snakes with the Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger Upgrade and multiple other options as well.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A LOT CHEAPER TO BUY ONE ALREADY MADE.

Or if you're set on keeping your car, you can build your car to be faster than a Super Snake for the same or less money.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I'm the 2nd ower, the car has not been abused as far as in may part and it didnt look like the orginal owner did either. It's completely stocked down to the air filter. I've been looking into the first package the 660hp one. I've been trying to find some for sale so I can get a price point but can't find any

If I remember correctly, the 660hp is $32K?

One thought, your car could be sold and add the Super Snake $32K into the mix for a 2013 purchase? Basically Ford now has an assy. line GT500 at the lower Super Snake hp level.............just a thought.

What I have found, while watching the Super Snake resale market over the past 2-3 years, the lower hp optioned Super Snakes sell for more $$$ than a GT500 of similar condition with similar owner installed mods, however the higher hp optioned Super Snakes seem to be holding their Super Snake upgrade cost when factoring in the depreciation of the GT500 itself. <<For example, a 2008 regular production GT500 is a $35K + or - car right now, a 2008 725 Super Snake sells for an average of $65K right now, real world. If you subtract the depreciated $35K value from the $65K, the difference is $30K. The original cost of the 725 upgrade was only $2K more at $31,995 ($32K). Some 725's have sold in the lower $60K's, I have also seen some sell in the $67K, $68K area.

If your 07 is a convert., I think it will be limited to the lower level, that is why I asked if it is a coupe?

Personal opinion, if you can swing it...........I would spend the extra $$$ ($2K or $3K etc.) and I would at least shoot for the 750 package, for the additional fun, and resale. The other highly desired options are the rear brake upgrade, and the cooling systems upgrade, but that could be another $5K-$6K....

R

Last edited:

91z28350

Established Member
Also, I could be wrong, but I thought I read on team Shelby that they had discontinued the SS upgrade for the 07-09 Gt500's, so this may be a moot point.

pack018

Established Member
If I remember correctly, the 660hp is $32K?

One thought, your car could be sold and add the Super Snake $32K into the mix for a 2013 purchase? Basically Ford now has an assy. line GT500 at the lower Super Snake hp level.............just a thought.

What I have found, while watching the Super Snake resale market over the past 2-3 years, the lower hp optioned Super Snakes sell for more $$$ than a GT500 of similar condition with similar owner installed mods, however the higher hp optioned Super Snakes seem to be holding their Super Snake upgrade cost when factoring in the depreciation of the GT500 itself. <<For example, a 2008 regular production GT500 is a $35K + or - car right now, a 2008 725 Super Snake sells for an average of $65K right now, real world. If you subtract the depreciated $35K value from the $65K, the difference is $30K. The original cost of the 725 upgrade was only $2K more at $31,995 ($32K). Some 725's have sold in the lower $60K's, I have also seen some sell in the $67K, $68K area.

If your 07 is a convert., I think it will be limited to the lower level, that is why I asked if it is a coupe?

Personal opinion, if you can swing it...........I would spend the extra $$$ ($2K or $3K etc.) and I would at least shoot for the 750 package, for the additional fun, and resale. The other highly desired options are the rear brake upgrade, and the cooling systems upgrade, but that could be another $5K-$6K....

R
It's a couple with the red stripe, which from my understanding only a few were made with that combo. I know I could build my own supersnake but at the end of the day I'll be losing more money. It's a lot harder to sale a built car especially one build to ones own taste. And without the cms # it's just a clone.. The upgraded brakes and cooling are a must, with over 660hp I gotta make sure the car stops..lol

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
It's a couple with the red stripe, which from my understanding only a few were made with that combo. I know I could build my own supersnake but at the end of the day I'll be losing more money. It's a lot harder to sale a built car especially one build to ones own taste. And without the cms # it's just a clone.. The upgraded brakes and cooling are a must, with over 660hp I gotta make sure the car stops..lol

Van mentioned in the thread above that he has customers who have found 725's for under $60K, that might be something to think about, he may even have some leads?

I have seen one 725 sell in the $40K's (it was Vista Blue), I think it was $48K or $49K, that was quite a while back, the car was filthy and not presented well, and showed excessive wear. I have also seen 725's in the sub-$60K's like Van mentioned, but not recently. <<I saw this when no one was spending $$$ on anything, if the owner wanted/needed to sell, they had no choice.

Also as mentioned above, if you already own your 07, upgrading it would be the least expensive way to go.

R

Last edited:

pack018

Established Member
Van mentioned in the thread above that he has customers who have found 725's for under $60K, that might be something to think about, he may even have some leads?

I have seen one 725 sell in the $40K's (it was Vista Blue), I think it was $48K or $49K, that was quite a while back, the car was filthy and not presented well, and showed excessive wear. I have also seen 725's in the sub-$60K's like Van mentioned, but not recently. <<I saw this when no one was spending $$$ on anything, if the owner wanted/needed to sell, they had no choice.

Also as mentioned above, if you already own your 07, upgrading it would be the least expensive way to go.

R

At this point, I'm just going to wait until something comes up. I might be able to get a better deal later down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread