superchsrger issues and questions

MNCobra

Established Member
Ok guys I did do a search buy did not find what I am looking for...today while emptying my catch can I checked my coolant tank for the supercharger...to me it looks to full and does not appear to be moving...? that's question number 1...question number 2 is I found wire not plugged in...I remember seeing a thread on that, and that is what I searched for, but I could not find it...dealers obviously are not open today and I have a car meet tonight I would like to go to...any help would be greatly appreciated....

025.JPG

Snoopy49

Established Member
That the wire that goes to the intercooler pump. What you are showing is not a connector, it is a mounting clip. It pushes into the side of the pump mounting bracket. Make sure the other end is plugged into the pump.

Intercooler Electrical Connector.jpg

MNCobra

Established Member
THANKS Snoop I am pretty sure the other wire is connected but will double check...how much movement does the coolant do in the tank? is it very obvious?

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like the bottles main functions are filling, replenishing coolant to system and degassing. From the hose layout, it looks like the majority of the coolant by-passes the bottle, so there is probably not a lot of action in the bottle. But there should be some coolant movement in the bottle when the pump is running.

Here is a description from the 2014 Factory Service Manual.

Charge Air Cooler (CAC) System
The CAC system cools the intake air which has been heated by the supercharger. The removal of heat from the pressurized air going into the CAC increases the air density which improves combustion efficiency, engine horsepower, and torque. The system consists of an additional CAC radiator in the grille, a reservoir, an electric water pump, the CAC located in the intake manifold, and tubing to interconnect these components. The CAC is positioned after the supercharger directly in the flow of the intake air. As the heated air flows through the CAC, heat is transferred to the coolant which is circulated back to the CAC radiator to be cooled by the airflow through the grille. The CAC pump is controlled by PCM. The PCM maintains a desirable intake air temperature by monitoring a second intake air temperature (IAT2) sensor in the lower intake manifold.

MNCobra

Established Member
confermed above...it needs to be warm...went out and checked it again and i see movement....

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have noticed that coolant doesn't seem to move that much in my 13 GT500 coolant tank, but If I looked in the tank of my 08 GT500 the coolant would be rushing through pretty fast. Idk I guess different ICP

MNCobra

Established Member
^ i thought the same thing...my Roush sloshed a lot....but once the car was warmed up i could easily see it moving...

Snoopy49

Established Member
The 13/14's have a bypass tube and the earlier models didn't. Most of the coolant bypasses the reservoir (degas bottle) so there won't be a lot of flow through the reservoir.

Users who are viewing this thread