Superchips X-Calibrator?

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
Anybody got this new product yet? I have one coming from JDM with my Lightning Special package instead of the chip. My stock days are numbered... :-D

NorCalLightning

Silver Is Best!!
Established Member
Surprised you purchased one through JDM. I read on another L board that they are a bit more expensive through them. Last time I check Sal with PSP was selling them for $365, with one custom tune, $30 for each additional tune, and the unit comes with the cables for downloads (you don't have to purchase it separate like most places). That's who I'm getting mine through :banana:

Anyway, the only benefit over the 9100 tuner (for Lightnings) is that the XCalibrator loads the tune quicker. These tuners are taking the place of the 9100's only because they support the new computers in the new Mustangs and other new Ford models. If you have a 9100 there's not need to rush out and buy an XCalibrator. My $.02.

Steve

Billybong

I Am The Anti-Rice!
Established Member
NorCalLightning said:
Surprised you purchased one through JDM. I read on another L board that they are a bit more expensive through them. Last time I check Sal with PSP was selling them for $365, with one custom tune, $30 for each additional tune, and the unit comes with the cables for downloads (you don't have to purchase it separate like most places). That's who I'm getting mine through :banana:

Anyway, the only benefit over the 9100 tuner (for Lightnings) is that the XCalibrator loads the tune quicker. These tuners are taking the place of the 9100's only because they support the new computers in the new Mustangs and other new Ford models. If you have a 9100 there's not need to rush out and buy an XCalibrator. My $.02.

Steve

Instead of the chip I had them substitute the X-cal for a little more $. If I paid too much then it wouldn't be the first time. I still think it was a pretty good deal to get me started. Thanks.

angel1

Established Member
hey guys, I just got an email from SCT reps and he told me that they are coming out with a new X-Cal in march. the reason why is that many customers had been calling them to let them know they want the factory code reading mode. SCT also told me that it will be around $400.00 (Retail list price) just for the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread