Supercharger Swap Assistance Plz

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Well guys im tired of seeing my stage III ported blower sitting around.. because i dont have the money to pay my mechanic to put it on... So i think im going to try and do the swap myself. Im looking for detailed instructions or pics or anything that could possible assist me in any way? If there are any guys in here that have done this themselves...maybe you guys could give me some heads up...Anything would help guys.. thanks :beer:

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Wow..Talk about good customer service...Nice job guys..Thanks for everything :beer:

Brad

Banned
I've got those same instructions in a PDF file if you want, real printer friendly, PM me if you want them.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I'm doing mine this week as well... Brad, could you email me the PDF? I've got like 4 sets of instructions, some of the Apten's ones have some typos with the 89ft-lbs on a small ass bolt... Thanks man! [email protected]

GO HOKIES!

Established Member
DKS2814V said:
I'm doing mine this week as well... Brad, could you email me the PDF? I've got like 4 sets of instructions, some of the Apten's ones have some typos with the 89ft-lbs on a small ass bolt... Thanks man! [email protected]

I wouldn't use any torque specs. I reinstalled my supercharger a couple weeks ago and I just went by feel. I get too worried about breaking those suckers. Just check them after riding around for a while. Def let the car cool down first.

Also, watch out with the I/C cap. This can be a major B! The first time my buddy and I installed it, we ended up breaking one of the o-rings. Well we didn't know this happened until AFTER we installed everything and the car started steaming like crazy. This caused a intercooler leak inside the tank. Wasn't too major, but we had to take EVERYTHING back out and then put everything back in again. Just a PITA big time!

Users who are viewing this thread