Supercharger supporting mods/ help deciding which blower

csb85

Established Member
Today i ordered a Mcleod rxt clutch in preperation for a supercharger. Anyone have recommendations of what else i should upgrade so my car could handle the new power from the supercharger? Also I can't decide which supercharger to go with. I think i have it narrowed down to the Procharger stage 2 with a d1sc and the Roush charger with a vmp tune. Never owned or drove a supercharged car. The more i read the more i can't decide. My goal right now is a 10 second street car.

cdog1157

Established Member
Get you some LCA's and relocation brackets and some better/bigger tires. If you have an auto get the Roush, if you have a manual then get the Procharger, either should get you in the 10's if you can get it to hook up.

Last edited:

2011redcandy

Established Member
haha you are in same boat as me. I have gone back and forth for 6 months. Now turbo results are coming in and it is making the decision even harder.

What gearing does your car have? Obviously its a stick since you have an RXT.

csb85

Established Member
Already have Lca's, relocation brackets and Uca. Plan on getting some drag radials in the spring. Car has 3.73's

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
Stock clutch has been proven good to 700 whp. Lcas and ucas should be all.

RusWolf

Established Member
If you go centrifugal system i would advise paxton/vortech brands as they are more reliable and better overal quality than procharger. (According to several known shops i have spoken about it)

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Procharger. Bigger/better tires. Lund or BBR tune. 1 piece driveshaft. Shocks/struts/springs. Caster bolts or Caster/Camber plates.

Last edited:

Bad Intention

Established Member
If you go centrifugal system i would advise paxton/vortech brands as they are more reliable and better overal quality than procharger. (According to several known shops i have spoken about it)

I cant speak about reliability of paxton/vortech. But i know several people with prochargers that have full blowen race cars that have never had trouble with them. Thats why i went with procharger. But like anything it is a mechanical parts thet fail.

king50

Established Member
I have procharger stage one p-1 with Meth injection and a smaller pulley. Wouldn't trade superchargers with anyone. I'm very happy.
a6cd0ad7-306e-3970.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

RusWolf

Established Member
I'm not saying PC is a bad kit, all i'm doing is relaying the information i was given by several shops including Brenspeed and several other shops that carry both brands. Take it for what it's worth.

cmycobrafly

Established Member
i would stay away from procharger i had a p1sc on a lt1. Camaro and it went bad within 3000 miles since it was over a year old procharger would not warranty it on top of it they took it apart and told me the bearings failed but couldnt tell me y so they wanted like 800 dollars to fix it. So i started digging into it, turns out they dont even use bearings that r rated to what rpm they spin blowers i know after this vortec or ts or tvs is only way to go

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I went with the Roush TVS, Roush vent pod & boost gauge, BBR billet lower control arms, BMR adjustable panhard bar, BMR adjustable upper control arm, BMR solid upper control arm mount, BMR control arm relocation brackets, BMR sway bar relocation brackets, Ford Racing 3:55 gears, Ford racing rear end girdle, BMR front sway bar delete bracket, Smaller front brake rotors, Weld RT-S wheels, 295/55/15 DR's, 27.5/4.5/15 skinnys
The parts will start going on next week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread