supercharger rebuild kit?

joshcarp81

Established Member
So where's the best place to buy a supercharger repair kit from?
I'm wanting to change all bearings. Seems as if the rear two are a pita to change. I'm starting to get some noise but hard to isolate. I would just hate to be that far into it and not change the other two.
Anyone with noise that did a rebuild not change the rear two and no noise after?
Any tips on replacing the rear two if you did?
Thanks guys.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The needle bearings in the back of the case should be good for way over 100,000 miles but do go out occasionally. I'd take the blower apart myself and clean them out with an acid brush and brake cleaner. Then take a look in there to see what you can see. Or do what I did and put your finger down in the needle bearings and move it around. Trust me you should know from that if they need to be replaced.

Chances are they are fine and if anything just need to be cleaned out and new grease put back in. You can get any good synthetic grease to put back in them and they only take a couple finger-tips worth of grease in each one.

The snout is a different story but I'd also start with a fresh oil change in it as well. Then go from there.

Good luck.

joshcarp81

Established Member
Well it's on a blower I bough here last year that was ported by you. No idea on miles but I am getting some noise.
I know I'll need a rebuild. Can't imagine an oil change will clear it up.
Where would you recommend buying a rebuild kit from?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I got most of my stuff from a place called ZZPERFORMANCE back in the day. I'd still either check the oil or change it. JonBond might sell a rebuild kit as well.

joshcarp81

Established Member
Zzperformance is a site I bookmarked.
Good prices. I checked the oil level and it's good. Color isn't great but not bad either.
For peace of mind I think I'll do the rebuild.
Seems if I twist the pulley one way then back the other there is some play. More than the stock eaton on the bench has. I may just swap snouts and rotors and all. ill check the rear bearings as well. I just figured since the mileage is unknown on the posi unit I'd just do a rebuild for peace of mind.

joshcarp81

Established Member
I just did a Google search and the noise is the coupler. Exactly the same noise I have. I'm going to order everything from that company you mentioned tomorrow. They have an uprated coupler as well.
Thanks posi!

Tractionless1

Established Member
I got most of my stuff from a place called ZZPERFORMANCE back in the day. I'd still either check the oil or change it. JonBond might sell a rebuild kit as well.

I can vouch for both as well, great sellers! I had ZZP replace my front snout seal, which Stieg had done 7k miles ago. Very quick turn around and reasonable prices at that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread