Supercharger Questions

Feary

Established Member
Supercharger Questions (Pics Added)

Whats up fellas, I am going to pick up my Cobra Friday. I live in NC gotta fly out to texas and get it then drive it back. Performance wise it has, Borla exhaust, Custom Chip, K&N, 4.10's and thats it for performance. a few supsension things like, Upper and lower control arms, SFC's, lowering springs (Eibach) and thats about it. It has a few appearance mods but I will leave those out for now. I was wondering to throw a supercharger on there and drive with very SAFE boost what all would I need to do? I am not talking outrageous boost just something safe but a nice powergain. I am not very familiar with mustangs at all since I was a LS1 man a few years back so I am learning all over again. I remember how I used to eat up fords :-D now I dont wanna be one of those guys. Don't take the comments to heart fellas just joking around, I love all cars I just like to be fast. I found the Cobra that I have always had a thing for so I bought it. With 26,000 Miles its like new anyways, SO any help you guys can offer I am all ears you will be hearing alot out of me now, I ask plenty of questions so I hope that doesnt bother people. I use search alot to but still post threads because I like to have a conversation about the different stuff that is brought up and maybe something new thats out since the last thread. How many post until you can post attachents anyway I wouldnt mind throwing up a pic of my new baby. I just dont know when friday is going to get here so I can fly out to pick her up! :shrug:

Last edited:

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
vortech 6-8 lbs of boost with a conservative 11.2:1 or close to A/F ratio and you should be good to go. Other brands to look at Paxton, ATI (procharger), Kenne-bell....if you want to go higher than 10-12 lbs of boost then you will be in need of forged rods and pistons to remain safe...but there are guys on here running that much boost or more on a stock block...it's just a form of gambling if you ask me when you go above 8 from what I have read...congrats on the new car but I dont think you can attach pics on this forum most go to mustangmods.com and post them there and then use vb code to post them here...another site that allows you to upload pics is www.modernengineuity.com to use vb code you would simply right click on the picture get the url address and then insert it between this
hope that helps you out buddy

Feary

Established Member
attachment.php

6-8 Would probably be fine, I just want a nice boost. But I do not want to stress the engine to much. What kinda power do you think I would be putting down? I was told the car Dynoed 277rwhp before the Borla. Is that a good number for the mods that are done? So if I ran a SC on 6-8 lbs of boost what would I put down?

Last edited:

Feary

Established Member
attachment.php

Not sure if you guys will like the lights or not, I cant decide yet I will half to judge in person. Gosh the ugly front plate just kills me!

juiced96snake

BOSS 2511
Established Member
when I bought my car it had clear tails...they looked gay to me so I put stockers back on....that and the fact that every other cop was giving me crap about them...

My hp guess is somewhere low to mid 400 range....as I said guess

Feary

Established Member
My name is Feary on there also, I have never posted there. Just used it to get the pics hosted like someone said to do.

Users who are viewing this thread