supercharger question

cobralove90

Established Member
i have a 2004 mustang gt 40th anniversary and was wondering how the vortech and paxton superchargers are because i heard there good, but i have no clue how they work and how much i will get out of them

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
There are different head units for each brand that will support x amount of horse power. So if your goal is 400 hp or 1500 hp both companies make a head unit that can support your goal. Of course for the higher hp applications you will need a built motor and all supporting mods. What is your goal for your car?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Yes they are really superchargers. They are driven by a belt that is driven by the crank. As the rpms increase so does the boost and corresponding horse power. Turboes are driven by exhaust gases. Paxton, Vortech and Procharger are all brands that make centrifigual superchargers.

If you want 500-600 hp you will want a Paxton 2000, Vortech T trim, or Procharger D1SC. But in addition to the blower you will need a built shortblock and all the supporting mods. The factory 2v gt motor will only safely support about 430 rwhp.

cobralove90

Established Member
thanks man and what supercharger will give me 400hp but will give me more torque and how can i control the boost and how much boost will i get when i hit the gas

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
I HAD AN 03 GT MUSTANG WITH THE VORTECH T TRIM. IT MADE 15 PSI AT 6,000 RPM. IF I WERE ON THE FREEWAY AND FLOORED IT IT MADE 2 OR 3 PSI AND CLIMBED FROM THERE. IT IS NOT LIKE A TWIN SCREW IN THE SAME INSTANCE YOU FLOOR IT AND GET CLOSE TO MAX BOOST. MY GT MADE 430 RWHP WITH AN AIR TO AIR INTERCOOLER. YOU NEED ALOT OF SUPORTING MODS TOO. HERE IS A PIC OF MY 03 GT.

m_9386e2d81bd73ff89429a00ec11a4328.jpg

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
thanks man and what supercharger will give me 400hp but will give me more torque and how can i control the boost and how much boost will i get when i hit the gas

A Votech s trim will get you 400 hp. But if you are looking for more torque in the low end than go with a twin screw. The Kenne Bell 2.1L will easily make 400 rwhp and will provide near instant boost and therefore torque in the lower rpms. To control boost with a supercharger it all depends on the pulley you are using. Smaller pulley=more boost. Larger pulley=less boost.

teamstorm02

Established Member
good luck... i have an 03 gt with twin turbos im makin 430hp and 433ft lbs. with 8 psi...everyone has there own thing i was gonna go with a kb 2.1 and i talked to a guy from kb and he told me that blower unless you want to push it real hard all the time will run about 450-500 and the 2.6 will do 500-650 pretty much the louder that blower is wining the harder your pushing it and the faster its gonna wear out and your gonna have to get the internals rebuilt.. thats why i went with the turbos... pushem as hard as they'll go and to make 500-800hp you dont need to change your hood... with the 2.6 you have to change to a cowl or the cobra R hood because the kb is so high off the motor... i have about 15k in motor and suspension mods and i still havent got my short block from mmr yet which is another 3200... once again good luck to man! kb's are sick!

cobralove90

Established Member
yea but with twin turbos i have to wait to spool and i want instant boost but idk dont mind waiting till 2500 to make power threw my band and what size turbo would help me on that

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^actually properly sized twins will have minimal lag if any at all. Even a properly sized single can offer great low end. Not as good as a PD blower but decent, and have a wicked top end.

Users who are viewing this thread