supercharger or not

BStorm

can wheelie for miles
Established Member
do you think it would ruin my car if i put a supercharger on it? its a 93 vibrant red cobra with opal grey leather and 18k miles on it. will this drop the value of the car? would that vortech be a good one to use?thanks, brian

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Many have success with the Vortech S-trim. The Novi is very good also, but more $$$. Some vendor in here has S-trim kits for under $2300, which is a very good deal. But to answer your question, a properly installed/tuned supercharger will not hurt the cars value in my opinion. I'd rather buy one with the charger if its done right, but thats me. -J

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
biminiLX said:
Many have success with the Vortech S-trim. The Novi is very good also, but more $$$. Some vendor in here has S-trim kits for under $2300, which is a very good deal. But to answer your question, a properly installed/tuned supercharger will not hurt the cars value in my opinion. I'd rather buy one with the charger if its done right, but thats me. -J

Wasn't trying to insinuate that vortechs were junk. Just saying if I was looking for a new blower it would be a Paxton Novi series all the way.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Lee: Didn't think you were, and I agree with you on the Novi series. Both are excellent choices and both have had excellent results through the years. I'm not a blower expert by any means, but with the kits I've seen, you couldn't go wrong either way. The Paxton kits seem to have better mounts, and the S-trim + 5.0 has been a street legend.
The point I would tell anyone considering a blower to understand is that you need a capable fuel system and a quality SAFE tune.
-J

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Novi 2000's are way more efficient than the S trims. The Novi is just as happy at 10 psi as it is at 25 psi. Makes good power from what I have seen. Very comparable to my D-1 if not better.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Novi 2000's are way more efficient than the S trims. The Novi is just as happy at 10 psi as it is at 25 psi.
Yep, its a bigger blower---gives you the option for more boost, and makes good power at lower boost levels.

Just put a v-1 sc-trim on mine, love it so far
Cool. :burnout:

If you can't tell I want to put a blower on the 427 in the future. I'd do it now, but that's $$$, and I'm not sure how a 10:1 motor will like boost (6#s maybe?) on pump gas. I'm liking the renegade kits, either Vortech YSi trim or Novi 2000, if I do it in the future.
-J
:coolman:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
rikhockey said:
jay u big skirt just blow ur car just take out another loan u will be ok
just my thoughts erick

Hey f*cker, wassup? You should check out that deal before the new year....complete S-trim kit for your car $2279. Vortech prices going up after the new year supposedly.
Before I do the blower, I have other things to worry about. You do remember the test drive right? :xpl:
And leave my skirt out this. -J
:beer:

rikhockey

Established Member
ya make sure u get that thing to start and run better first and ya a saw that vortech thing but no cash right now waitting for tax return and raise man

Users who are viewing this thread