• Nitrous (100 shot)

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • N/A all the way baby!

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Which do you guys prefer. each has its ups and its downs. i was gonna be getting a kick ass deal on a Vortech but it fell through so now im looking at either getting a 100 wet shot kit or saving up for a Procharger. Right now im leaning toward the spray becasue its cheaper and it will make my car a better daily driver be\casue i wont constantly have lots of power, only when i want to. but nothing sounds better than a Cobra with a supercharger IMO but they are damn expensive. what do u guys think i should do? get the nitrous or save for the supercharger?

Justin

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Originally posted by LAXbronco65
it will make my car a better daily driver be\casue i wont constantly have lots of power, only when i want to.

You know your car would only be making power when you're in boost. If you could maintain a normal driving style it wouldn't even a concern...

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
Re: Re: Supercharger or Nitrous?

Originally posted by Tabres
You know your car would only be making power when you're in boost. If you could maintain a normal driving style it wouldn't even a concern...

but if i went with a Kenne Bell, i would see boost really ealry which would make street drving in the rain a pain because ide have to try to stay out of boost. i have a hard tiome driving in the rain N/A with these damn near bald tires. i dont know i have lots of things goin through my head right now. I used a Kenne Bell as an example becasue im considering that route too.

Justin

Last edited:

cgriff97cobra

I HATE DEER
Established Member
Go with the nitrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOu will keep your daily street driveability and have the extra power at the flip of switch.

naws.gif

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
A supercharger will do nothing if you never get into boost. It will be like driving N/A. In addition, i have gained about 3 - 4 mpg due to the efficiency of the blower. I'm not too thrilled about nitrous and ended up selling my setup to go the supercharged route.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
so raven.....do u think i should go with nitrous while money is tight but definatly go with a supercharger in the future? or should i just save up for the blower to begin with?

Justin

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Imo save your money and get the KB S/C. You might be able to find a used kb in the classified at www.corral.net

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
so raven.....do u think i should go with nitrous while money is tight but definatly go with a supercharger in the future? or should i just save up for the blower to begin with?

Justin

If you're gonna spend about $500 for a nitrous kit, you might as well save some extra $ and wait for a supercharger. The nitrous kit will cost you more money if you buy the extra safety features such as a window switch that will protect you from spraying too early or bouncing off the rev limiter ( i shrug at that thought). I purchased my entire blower used for about $1,100.00. All of this has been documented in my past posts both here and on Corral. Patience was really a virtue for me as now i am as happy as can be. ( see sig below)

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Just curious but why do you say the Kenne bell over the Procharger? Just wondering.....

justin
I have a kb s/c on my 98 cobra. I drive my 98 mainly on the street and when you want the power its there for you. True that you do not get the higher h/p that a procharger or a vortech produced but you don't have to wait for the boost to come in at the higher rpm range. My cobra only dyno 360 rwhp but it sure is fun with all that torque to drive on the street. Also when I was deciding on the s/c..Procharger had issues with leaking seals.

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
i know this has been said a million times before but save and build up with a turbo!!!

KillrCobra

Established Member
I think you'd be happy with either. Personally, I've been in a car with spray and I prefer the feel over my blown car. Spray will feel faster and throw you back harder. Each has their advantage and disadvantage. With nitrous you have to fill a bottle and keep your pressure up to make good power. With a blower, if you go with smaller pulleys then you have to worry about belt slippage, belts breaking, and blower seals going. With spray, you just hook it up and go...there aren't any parts that will fail, such as with a blower. So I say go with the spray. It's cheaper, easier to install, and a hell of alot easier to maintain.

Definately blower. Been the nitrous route before. Didn't really impress me & too much to keep maintaining. The top end rush of a blower is pretty cool too!:-D

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
an equally equipped car will ALWAYS turn better times at the track than a centrifugal blown cobra. However, on the street, a centri blown car usually ends out on top since these motors can be twisted so high.

LAXbronco65

PIMPIN THE 916
Established Member
so for someone looking to get a better ET you should go with a KB and for someone that wants to be a freeway racer or dyno queen you should go with a centri.? i have plenty of time to decided what i want to do, a lot of my friends are freeway racers and occasioanly got to the track. while i believe that a real race is from a stop i find that most races i get into are from about a 40-45 roll. and a roll is a lot better on street tires to, which is whgat i will be on 98% of the time. but for now a friend is gonna sell me a ZEX dry kit for a couple hundred bucks so ill probably do that until i have the dough for a SC.

Justin

Zex makes a pretty nice kit. Almost impossible to screw up the install. Only down fall is your limited to a 125 shot. But hey.... speed is what it's about... Do your thang!!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread