Supercharger options... Looking for Input

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
Hi,

I was wondering what the current status is for aftermarket superchargers? I don't want to go ported. Also not looking To make huge power. Happy to stayin the 500-600 range.

If someone could school me on what the current low-end blowers are, I would really appreciate it. I haven't kept up. Hoping to just get a suitable replacement without too many supporting mods.

Thanks for the input.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Or the VMP TVS blower. Both will meet your goals without breaking a sweat. At minimum you'll need a MAF.ia and boost a pump with 60lb injectors.

mach1033

Established Member
If you buy new then go with the TVS from VMP tuning. 2.3 whipple or 2.6 KB if buying used. What are your current mods

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
There are no low end blowers. The Whipples and the Belles are good blowers.
I run a VMP TVS 2.3
500-600 is easy with this superchager.
No matter what you go with supporting mods are important for the longevity of your motor.
The lower the boost, the less mods you will need.
We have the TVS is stock and ready to ship.
Includes blower with Monster inlet standard, your choice of elbow to fit stock/BBK TB, Accufab/LFP/Billet Flow TB or Dragon TB, and your choice of pulley for standard interchangeable pulley system.
One year warranty.
$3250 plus shipping

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
I have a jlt intake, full exhaust, accufab throttle body with elbow. Nothing too drastic. I have to take closer look at that vmp unit. Thanks for the input! What would it run with all the supporting mods.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a jlt intake, full exhaust, accufab throttle body with elbow. Nothing too drastic. I would love to stay away from injectors or boost a pump if possible. I have to take closer look at that vmp unit. Thanks for the input!

You are all set with the JLT and Accufab.
What's the concern with injectors and BAP?
If budgetary start with low boost.
When budget permits add the fuel mods and up the boost.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
You are all set with the JLT and Accufab.
What's the concern with injectors and BAP?
If budgetary start with low boost.
When budget permits add the fuel mods and up the boost.

The budget is half the issue. I'm pretty tame with the car, anything over 500 might be a waste for me. Not that I wouldn't mind having there :).

I'll take a closer looker at the unit and give the shop a call to discuss. Thanks again for the input.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
The budget is half the issue. I'm pretty tame with the car, anything over 500 might be a waste for me. Not that I wouldn't mind having there :).

I'll take a closer looker at the unit and give the shop a call to discuss. Thanks again for the input.

If I can help let me know.
I helped to develop this blower.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
just ordered the tvs.. $3250 plus $40.00 shipping.. When comparing just the inlet size to a whipple it's a no brainer..Imo

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
To make 500 on a TVS I think u would need to run 10psi and 10* timing,lol.

We would need to run a 3.2" pulley or possibly a 3.5"
The great thing is there is a ton of potential for an easy increase in HP in the future.
Plus the TVS is so much more efficient than the M112.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
just ordered the tvs.. $3250 plus $40.00 shipping.. When comparing just the inlet size to a whipple it's a no brainer..Imo
Sweet, congrats. Did you already have the supporting mods done? What else are you getting to go with it?
We would need to run a 3.2" pulley or possibly a 3.5"
The great thing is there is a ton of potential for an easy increase in HP in the future.
Plus the TVS is so much more efficient than the M112.

What do you mean by more efficient?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Sweet, congrats. Did you already have the supporting mods done? What else are you getting to go with it?

What do you mean by more efficient?

Cooler air charge, less HP to drive supercharger and much more HP at equal boost of the M112.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member

Yes.. I had a 2.3 whipple and sold it...I have 80#injector's, but 60's will work just fine, Twin gt pumps, dual fpdm w/ wire upgrade, Sct 3000 meter, bassani mid-lenth header's w/ o/r x-pipe, jlt high boost pipe.. I'm going to run 20psi w/ the Tvs.

If you get the 3.2 puley w/ your stock lower pulley that'll put you at 14-15psi
I think... That will = a great street car :beer:

j-tan

Established Member

I'm a little confused on what your goals are. You said anything over 500 is a waste, but you want a new supercharger that will do 550 without breaking a sweat. A Posi port with bap, mafi and tune will net you 500ish HP for a lot less money than going whipple, kb or tvs. I guess if you have money to burn then go for it.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
I'm a little confused on what your goals are. You said anything over 500 is a waste, but you want a new supercharger that will do 550 without breaking a sweat. A Posi port with bap, mafi and tune will net you 500ish HP for a lot less money than going whipple, kb or tvs. I guess if you have money to burn then go for it.

It's a long story...

evolve

Established Member
I think it depends on your goals. Since you said ~5-600, Id lead toward the VMP TVS as it seems to make ALOT of people happy. I went with a bigger blower in case (which most do) I decide I need 800rwhp for some reason.

j-tan

Established Member
In that case I vote for vmptvs, but you can go with whipple or KB. Any choice you go with is a good upgrade. Good luck and keep us updated with what you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread