Supercharger Oil

eludercobra

Established Member
So i changed the oil in my Eaton supercharger all i got out using the syringe trick was about 4 oz. I keep trying to get more but thats all i could get, so I filled it back up with a new bottle until it came running out of the plug, let it sit for awhile tried to fill a little more and it instantly came out the hole, so I assume it is full. Just strange that I only got about 4 oz out, I thought they are supposed to hold 10 to 12 oz correct?

By the way the synthetic oil from ford for superchargers is expensive...I paid 25 CAD for one 4 oz bottle.

I've had the same experience with only getting about 4oz out as well. And I move the hose all around the blower to suck out what I can. I also fill until it comes right out. Strange indeed.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I definatly got more than 4oz out when i did mine. Is the hoze your using to big to go in?

btw go to a GM dealer next time, same oil wayyyy cheaper.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
They hold only about 4oz's so you guys have them full. Do not try and over fill. When it barely starts trickling out the hole stop. Or let it run out for a minute and then put the plug back in.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I fished around with the hose for awhile, trying to find every nick and cranny....I got about 6.5 out measured. Couldn't hardly put 6.5 back in without it running out. I found this at a local oil supply company, I bought two bottles. Note how it says "fluid".....it seems alot thinner than 10-30 oil that I've seen recommended here as an alternative :eek:

IMG_1621.JPG

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Alright next one I do I'll check exactly how much one takes and come back here and post it. Honestly though I haven't paid attention and I just keep adding until it barely comes out.

I still think it's close to 4 oz. though. If you guys are adding it and it's coming out of the hole you need to let it sit until it quits. Then put the plug in. If it is still trickling out then it's to much. It's hard on the blower with to much oil in it.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Is that GM oil in stock normally at the dealers??

i haven't changed my oil yet and want to do now this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread