supercharger for 02 gt

flyngt

Established Member
Im new to this forum but i heard this was the place to be for superchargers.I have a stock 02 GT.I want to supercharge it I was thinking kenne bell but i also heard alot about other S/C .I dont have alot of coin so i was trying to do it on a budget at the same time if it cost a little more thats fine to.what are my options.help me out:shrug:

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Take a look afew posts before yours listed as "supercharged 03 gt", that should get you in the right direction.

TClark22

Established Member
i got a good price on my used P1sc kit from the market on here...

but i would go kenne bell if you have the coin!!

Sandgnat

Established Member
You might want to PM Mysticsvt for some ideas. He had a charged 02 GT and as I recall, was making good power after working out the tune.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Im new to this forum but i heard this was the place to be for superchargers.I have a stock 02 GT.I want to supercharge it I was thinking kenne bell but i also heard alot about other S/C .I dont have alot of coin so i was trying to do it on a budget at the same time if it cost a little more thats fine to.what are my options.help me out:shrug:

Go KB, you not regret it, trust me. the only supercharger i would ever buy for the 99-04 gt's. i know it is pricey but i would do some saving and just get that kit. $5,000.00 and your done. lot of people tell you to get a dyno tune which cost another 500+, you do not need one the chip kb is pretty damn good. i guy on here hit 397 rwhp @9psi which i really good. KB all the Way!!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
if you're willing to spend some coin, I'd go KB.

Sinultros- in your sig the 2002 gt you have with the 2.6Kb i love those numbers thats awsome but, did you do a completely new engine or just short block? i have the small blower on mine and may want to get just a shortblock and up the boost to 14psi which i think is the most on the 2.1L correct? and how much Hp should see if i do so. thanks

SilverSteed

Established Member
I would advise a Vortech kit. Factory like fit and driveability. Stay away from the water to air cooler. If you must-get an air to air cooler-better yet look into Meth injection. If you do your research you will see that it greatly drops intake temps, cleans your motor and allows you to make more power as you can advance the timing.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I would advise a Vortech kit. Factory like fit and driveability. Stay away from the water to air cooler. If you must-get an air to air cooler-better yet look into Meth injection. If you do your research you will see that it greatly drops intake temps, cleans your motor and allows you to make more power as you can advance the timing.

methanol is corrosive and corrodes aluminum parts inside the motor. Alky/water injection is better but I would personally just do a front mount and call it a day

SilverSteed

Established Member
Ummmmm.......LS1killer "Alky/water injection" IS a mixture of Methanol and distilled water using a 1:1 ratio. It DOES NOT corrode anything in our motors

scotts99snake

Established Member
Flyngt, it depends on what you want out of your supercharger. Do you want something that is going to pull hard light to light/between turns, or do you want something that is going to keep pulling hard at the top of your rpm range? Roots or positive displacement blowers will give you power down low, but trail off up top. Centrifugal blowers will give you the power up top but nothing down low. If you want roots/pd, I would stick to KB. Centrifugal, procharger, Vortech, and Paxton all make good units.

Users who are viewing this thread