Supercharger fluid

efnfast

Established Member
How much supercharger fluid should the OEM Eaton take - I've read posts anywhere from 6oz to 10oz, with the average being 8oz (which is what I think it should be, but the manual supplement doesn't say anything on it).

I have ~275k miles on it so I figure I should change it, but I've been nervous to do it since it looks difficult to know if you got everything out, so if I only get out say 6oz (and it should take 8oz) should I add 6oz and assume 2oz is lurking around still or add 8oz and assume it was running low by 2oz.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I can’t rem but I bought two bottles of the Motorcraft stuff. You can use AC Delco too. I used a syringe with a tube to suck out all that wouldn’t come out or most of. Then put it back in using that method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
x2 ^

Some might run out when you unscrew the plug so be ready for that. But maybe not... 275k is a long damn time..

Either way, fill it until it just begins to run out and it will be full. Helpful hint using the syringe/hose... cut the edge of the hose off to a point. It will help making the turn down into the case much easier.

kreymis

Established Member
Use the GM Fluid. It’s the same thing and a fraction of the price from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

efnfast

Established Member
Finally got around to changing the blower oil today.

Pretty straightforward - drain bolt just popped out (I was concerned that after almost 300k it would be seized in there, but it wasn't); jacked the front of the car up so nothing would come out so I could measure accurately and sucked out 7oz.

I put 8oz in and at the end it was juuuust starting to dribble out of the hole, so I guess I burned through 1oz in that time.

Oil was as black as could be .... maybe I should have changed it 200k ago :O

Users who are viewing this thread