Supercharger Cobra Pully Cover

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Terminator03
stainless steel pully cover...

Very nice! I pulled my factory one, just didn't like the look. I can definately go for that one however.

:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
$195 plus shipping.

Man, you GOTTA be kidding me :xpl: What a ripoff. I'll take my cover off first. BTW, anyone know if the cover would actually protect the hood if the pulley belt snapped?

Cobra'03

Established Member
$195 and no cooling vents????

The pulley cover will protect against belt damage to adjacent parts - but I think it is there more to protect against liability/injury from people things getting caught up. Unlike the Lightning, the Cobra engine is low and forward in the engine bay, easily accessible.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I can't really tell from the picture, but is the Cobra emblem punched out of the metal or is it just silk screened on?

U.M.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
I can't really tell from the picture, but is the Cobra emblem punched out of the metal or is it just silk screened on?

U.M.

The holes are definately punched out.

How did you get silver though? I went to the webiste and could only find an option for the black even though they had pictures of both. Looks great, but is definately a rip off. Maybe someone will make a more sensibly priced one.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra'03
$195 and no cooling vents????

The pulley cover will protect against belt damage to adjacent parts - but I think it is there more to protect against liability/injury from people things getting caught up. Unlike the Lightning, the Cobra engine is low and forward in the engine bay, easily accessible.

I was more concerned about warranty issues...You know, like if the blower belt snaps and tears the crap outta the hood, if they will deny warranty repair on the grounds that I removed the stupid cover :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread