supercharger bov?

THEBLACKPLAGUE

Established Member
I've got an 04 cobra and I was wondering if I could install a bov on it, I love the wine of a supercharger but I love the sound of a flutter and having them together would be perfect imo! Is there any way to make this happen? Btw I don't care if it improves anything, I just want the sound!:D

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Not sure its possible with a roots or twin screw supercharger, but people dobit all the time with sintrifical superchargers such as vortech or prochargers

SlowSVT

Established Member
Please don't humiliate your Terminator by trying to graft a BOV onto it which is a completely useless device on a PD blower application.

..........................Neon undercarriage lights can't be far behind :nonono:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Put a speaker on the underside of your car and play a recording of a bov going off every couple of seconds. Also put a flame thrower coming out the exhaust.

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
Its easy. just drill a 1/2" hole on the top of the supercharger and screw in BOV

Send pics

GodStang

Established Member
Wow funny how many people come in here to bash people on this question when it has been done many times before by big time racers. There is a 4.6L 2V with a Kenne Bell 2.8L and a Vortech Blow-off valve making 91xrwhp with no nitrous. Make fun of that...

They replaced the bypass valve with a blow-off.

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Wow funny how many people come in here to bash people on this question when it has been done many times before by big time racers. There is a 4.6L 2V with a Kenne Bell 2.8L and a Vortech Blow-off valve making 91xrwhp with no nitrous. Make fun of that...

They replaced the bypass valve with a blow-off.

I would like to see pictures, if you have any. I am curious how they do that and how it looks.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow tough crowd!!! Like Godstang said, you can do it.. I wouldn't personally. If all you care about is the sound you should sell the 04 and get a 96-01 with a centrifugal blower and blow through maf setup and you'll hear it all the time.

SlowSVT

Established Member

They replaced the bypass valve with a blow-off.......and end up dumping metered air overboard in the process.

How will our cars benefit from a BOV? Generally you don't find BOV on a PD displacement blower applications and there is a reason for that. He is contemplating this for no other purpose other than he likes the way it sounds.

He's a noob who has much to learn and something tells me after posting this has shelved that idea and is a bit wiser for it.

GodStang

Established Member
How will our cars benefit from a BOV? Generally you don't find BOV on a PD displacement blower applications and there is a reason for that. He is contemplating this for no other purpose other than he likes the way it sounds.

He's a noob who has much to learn and something tells me after posting this has shelved that idea and is a bit wiser for it.

Never said it benefits but said it could be done. I think the 2Vs do it for clearance but not positive. I have pictures of the car I was talking about. I will see if I can find it. They are pics from 2006 so they may be hard to find. It was Tim Barth's Red Mustang GT. He was the owner of MPH. The dude is one of the best of the best and if he thinks there is a reason to put one on his car it sure is not so it makes a wooshing sound.

b_dike

Established Member
There is an I phone app for this very thing. Look it up on youtube... I don't remember the name of the vid, but I stumbled upon it one day. If all you want is the sound then this is your solution. Personally I think its dumb... just my .02

b_dike

Established Member
I've got an 04 cobra and I was wondering if I could install a bov on it, I love the wine of a supercharger but I love the sound of a flutter and having them together would be perfect imo! Is there any way to make this happen? Btw I don't care if it improves anything, I just want the sound!:D

BlowOffValve2 Turbo iPhone

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
I thought everyone was going easy on him. nothing wrong with having a little fun. I've been in the same boat a few times

Users who are viewing this thread