supercharged sn95 cobras opinions

03svt01gt

Established Member
Hey everyone. I asked these questions in the sn95 section but only got a couple answers. So I will be getting another mustang in a few months and I want a 96-98 cobra. It will be my daily driver. Sometimes 125 miles a day and sometimes 15miles. My question is how would a procharged or vortech cobra on low boost and just under 400 hp be for a dd? Reliability and mpg? I rarely get on the gas much. I averaged 22 23 mpg with s 502 hp 03 cobra. Any 1st hand experience or just opinions. Any and all info will be helpful. Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
My mileage between N/A and blown didn't change as long as I kept my foot out of it. I was getting 21-22mpg's with the A/C blowing at 80mph. I know it's an 01, but I figured any info would help.

03svt01gt

Established Member
Thanks guys. So mpg seems like it wont be a issue. If it's over 20 im happy. How about reliability with a centri blower on low boost only. Any issues you can see happening? Or as long as the tune is good I should be okay to rack up the miles?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I daily drove mine from the end of 2006 to 2011. If the blower hadn't died it would still be on there. Although I'm DDing an SUV now because my kids are getting big.

97snakebite

Established Member
My mileage between N/A and blown didn't change as long as I kept my foot out of it. I was getting 21-22mpg's with the A/C blowing at 80mph. I know it's an 01, but I figured any info would help.

wtf!!! 22 mpg...AC and @ 80 i get 15-18 mpg sometimes less..street driving i get 9-10.... But if u keep it outta boost u r cake..my car is a 450whp DD and my mileage is the same. i have a procharger with a 3.9 pulley

01yellercobra

Established Member
wtf!!! 22 mpg...AC and @ 80 i get 15-18 mpg sometimes less..street driving i get 9-10.... But if u keep it outta boost u r cake..my car is a 450whp DD and my mileage is the same. i have a procharger with a 3.9 pulley

Once I replaced my front O2's with new ones my around town mileage went up to 14-15mpg. Surprised me big time. I spent a lot of time tuning the part throttle though. I took my time on the spark tables and making sure the MAF transfer is dialed in. I actually need to check it because I tuned around the bad O2's a bit and it needs adjusting at a couple points. It'll probably really kill you to know I was making about 570rwhp at the time.:rolling:

Last edited:

03svt01gt

Established Member
Id prefer blow thru just for the bov. However that is a very low priority. Which ever is best for a mild safe set up will be the main concern. However I only know the basic differences between the two so honestly I don't even know if it would matter which one I do??? :shrug: educate me! Im trying to learn what I can about centrifugal set ups.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I switched from draw through to blow through. Big difference in driveability. I'll always do blow through from now on.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Im close to getting a procharger so im going through all the little things that I will need. Right now the car has an old school Pro-Flow 77mm MAF on it. Will this be sufficient? Or will I max it out? If so what maf should I get? I plan on trying to get close to the 450 mark. I want the 10lb pulley is that correct? anyone know what size that is just so I can identify later on?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread