SuperCharged Saleen

RedCobraVert

Established Member
It was about 8pm I was heading home.

A Black Saleen pulled up behind me. As we drove towards the main road - I could hear his super charger winding up. It sounded very intimidating. His exhaust screamed. I thought this car was going to smoke me.

He ended up behind me at the light turning left on the main road (stanley blvd) - it is kind of like a highway. He pulled up next to me at 15mph then we hit it. We went up to 100 I lead then pulled and ended up 2-3 cars ahead of him.

He pulled up next to me we chatted. He confirmed the supercharger. He asked me if I was charged - I said no - just a cobra :D I think he was a little depressed that I handled him so well.

We slowed to 40 then hit it again - up to 110. Same - about 2-3 cars.

He waved and then turned off.

I was very surprised that I handled him so easily. I am not sure what year it was - 95-98 for sure.

What kind of HP do these things have?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
If it was a 95-98 then Saleen didn't supercharge it. Superchargers were not an option on S281's until 1999 or that is what Saleen has told me. The only Supercharged ones (in those years) were 1996 Cobra's. The stock GT had anywhere from 215HP to 260HP depending on year. The most HP he could have had if it was a 95-98 was 288HP from Saleen plus the Supercharger. That was probably done wrong anyway. I wouldn't doubt you beat him.

He probably couldn't drive.:D

RedCobraVert

Established Member
This thing definitely had a Super Charger on it. It was actually very loud. I have heard some SCs before but not like this. I thought this may have been a Saleen Charger - (ROOTs style), just because I have never heard one like it.

I do not think driving was too much as we went from a roll.

Never the less I was very happy.

Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread