Supercharged and Turbo'ed???

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
My question is exactly what the title says...is it possible to leave the stock supercharger on an 03/04 Cobra and run a turbo and/or turbos at the same time??? I keep hearing that someone is working on a project right here in Oklahoma trying to do this...But im wondering if it is even possible? What do you guys think? This maybe a dumba$$ question with a very simple answer..but i just wanted to get some input on what you guys think about the idea...let me know.. thanks guys!!! :beer:

Power Trip

Established Member
Id say yes its possible. I dunno about using a heaton as the SC though.. But... why would you even want to? A properly sized turbo would give you everything you want and more.

I saw an episode of trucks once where they had a diesel truck motor with a positive displacement SC and a turbo. Pretty cool stuff.

Chunky04

Lil Bad Boy
Established Member
Well my theory is...Get a good supercharger (KB or Whipple) that puts out some mad TQ...And then snag a turbo that spools up at higher RPM(4500 or so) for your insane HP!?!? :shrug: Am I just thinkin crazy? Or does this theory sound worth a shit?

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
I remember hearing about this old diesl motor that had a s/c and a turbo. s/c for the bottom end and the turbo for the top. I will try to find the info.
Don't now why anyone would wont to do that. K/B or a Whipple with other mods can make more hp than the motors can handle.

Users who are viewing this thread