supercharged 5.0. owners please come in.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I'll try make this short as possible friend a mine has a pro charged 12. 5.0. Makes around 600rwhp. The way it is as I'm sitting it in now.

I've raced this car an drove it plenty a times over the last year. It's Been 45 Days Or So Since The Last time. He was saying he thought his car was slowing down and has lost to some cars that i was a firm believer he should a done better against. For some reason it's always felt faster with me driving then him. And it's taken a while for me to notice something.

He is running the car with all traction components on..track-on. And advance trac-on. Me. It's a natural first thing as u get into any car like this brake an push button about 10 sec. Everything off. I believe in left foot launch right foot is control. Granted down low it spins more but hit it at about 3400 in 3rd and as it climbed in the rpm and was taking off seen a little bump in road let off fraction a second and then jus mashed it hard petal to the floor type It felt like it kicked in harder then before. Before this i had toyed a little with everything on again this was 3rd so traction not an issue but it felt like a surge a power like a 50 shot more then jus before and even though it's been a while driving the car it felt he'll a strong then it's results lately

I Was jus with him recently when he was getting on it and it did not seem like it pulled the same. I'm not saying I'm some hero and I may be asking retarded question but I did this 2 three times with tracking on and off. So. With everything on traction wise even if the car is not spinning or losing control does the computer restrict the amount of power available fuel timing what ever when on? Or is this jus all in my head and I'm an idiot and the car has the same power potential. With everything on and off thanks.. someone asked the same question about his 5.0 and thought like I did on another forum but before it got answered it was derailed over v6. Sport mode availability. Thanks again I think I have a few cool cars see sig. But love the coyote.

p.s. typed from my phone and 448am. Bare with my words.

Last edited:

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Seat of your pants dynos never tell the truth. Yes the PCM controls tire spin. Its done through the traction control. With the vehicle stoped and foot on the brake the TC button needs to be held down for at least 5 seconds to turn the TC off.
A centrifuge blower isn't going to kick you in the ass at low rpm like a PD blower. The ProCharger (centrifuge blower) shines above 4000 rpm.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Right on the centrifugal part have blown cars myself nit 5.0. Though anyway not my first time driving the car. but after having it on and off really focusing paying attention to things a few 3rd gear pulls. Off felt stronger noticeably. So are you thinking it's all in my head?

Last edited:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
I have tc and at both. everything off that is when it feels stronger same 3rd gear pulls so traction not an issue

06colorado

Established Member
With you releasing the gas its more than likely opening the BOV, depending on how far your actually coming off the accelerator. So once you smash it again its almost instant boost cause the bov shuts with the motor spinning under load at the higher rpm that's is sustained when lifting.

Excuse my grammar and typos.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
True an good point but only let off one time. Did a few with traction off and on. And off jus seemed to pull harder. May jus be me lol. That's why I'm asking if anyone else feels the same way.

nonliberal

Established Member
Of course it pulls harder with traction control off. I've had TC totally shut the car down to a dead pedal so I could not accelerate at all for 5 seconds. It will definitely limit the power that gets to the ground.

GHIG'13

Established Member
I have had mine do the same thing a couple of times but its been when shifting into fifth gear during a run. Its like you said, feels like I sprayed a fifty shot on it. I am guessing it is the bov shutting with the blower still spinning under load. Has only happen like twice but does kinda make you go wtf. Not sure about trac on, trac off thing as I always turn mine off.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
:beer: Wow.... I have learned something new, thought hitting the TC button and turning off advance track was enough (only had this car since 2/12/14)

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
OP, just datalog and you'll be able to see exactly what's going on. Check your A/F's and timing. Should be simple.

Coyote13

Established Member
Really dumb question but does it feel faster with you driving while you are by yourself? You might be feeling the added passenger weight.

Users who are viewing this thread